Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Containers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Containers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Containers - 1/17/2009 3:37:57 PM   
Gunner98

Although things generally work out, I have had some problems forming an Army containing a couple of Corps each with a couple of Divisions. The stacking limit has not been reached yet but when I add units, and sort them out etc, the next turn they are not there. They are in the same province so movement shouldn’t be an issue. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I think I am doing the same thing every time but sometime it just doesn’t work.

Thanks

B
Post #: 1
RE: Containers - 1/17/2009 4:49:27 PM   
terje439

*edit* seems I missed your Q completely...

When you say that the brigades are in the same province, is that without moving them at all? They start in the same province as the container?

< Message edited by terje439 -- 1/17/2009 4:52:20 PM >

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 2
RE: Containers - 1/17/2009 9:06:22 PM   
Gunner98

OK,
I think I figured it out. I had a bunch of Brigades assembling in Annapolis via several ‘reinforce to’ orders in the New England states. Unfortunately, I assumed – wrongly – that once these Brigades reached Annapolis, the command would be removed. What was happening is that I would load these units into Divisions/Corps in Annapolis but since the order was persisting, they would unload each tern and reinforce the province. Although I wouldn’t call it a bug – it is defiantly annoying, and should probably be considered for a fix in a future patch.

Cheers

B

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 3
RE: Containers - 1/17/2009 11:54:59 PM   
Randomizer

For what it's worth I never use the 'Join' command and prefer to micro-manage the brigades from where they are to where their new container units are. The only exception is reinforcing blockading naval squadrons with additional ships, 'Join' gets them to the correct sea zone eventually.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Containers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI