Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question - 5/7/2002 7:31:34 AM   
Hades

I am play the Long Road to Victory campiange and on the fie mission or so where youave to attack a town the Germans got reinforced by a platoon of Panzers and HTs. The HTs would unload the troops and charge my positions with MGs blazing. I knocked most of them out but for a while they were quite a pain. Did the Germans actully use HTs like this during the war?

"History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave."
-Edmund Morris

[img]http://members.hometown.aol.com/guarana861512/myhomepage/russiankatkillers.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_US[/img]
[img]http://publish.hometown.aol.com/kenkbaran/images/spwaw-virtual-b-o-b
Post #: 1
- 5/7/2002 8:48:13 AM   
Orzel Bialy

From what I have read in books the Wehrmacht would usually send in scouting parties first...perhaps a few armored recon vehicles, motorcycles or HT's.
I imagine only if they were certain that there were no heavy armor or AT guns present, then they might rush it with infantry-loaded HT's to storm the position and overwhelm a surprised foe. Probably not the norm I would think...but hey, I wasn't there so I can't say never! ;)

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 2
- 5/7/2002 12:13:56 PM   
Bing

If you are playing with v7.1 and the new OOB's, the AI is a bit more aggressive than it used to be. Jerry does not wait around for you to shoot at him now - he tumbles out of the HT with all guns blazing, same as Gunfight at the OK Corral.

Wait until you get dueling flamethrower teams - that is an experience not to be missed. Biggest barbeque ever in France, thats fir sure.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI