Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Different Axis Country - Different Value

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Mods and Scenarios >> Different Axis Country - Different Value Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Different Axis Country - Different Value - 1/30/2009 1:21:24 AM   
Petiloup

Seeing a mod where you can see Flags for Italy, Rumania, India, etc I was wondering if we could give a negative modifier depending on the nationality.

For example an Axis panzer would have Evasion 7 and Ground Attack 8.

During a combat if the unit is Italian it would have a modifier -1 in defense and -2 in attack.

This way we could have Italy to produce Tanks, HVY bombers etc but they would be not as good as the Germans.

Possible? if so how to do it?
Post #: 1
RE: Different Axis Country - Different Value - 1/30/2009 1:48:56 AM   
WanderingHead

This is coming in the next patch. There is a whole discussion here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1972682

a little on the GUI here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1992310

The mod-ability will support any offset on any capability by any nation, but the UI will not support all that flexibility very well (you'd really need a printed out table to consult if every parameter for every nation can be different).

Global Glory will incorporate this, but keep it simple for ease of play and the UI. It will only apply penalties to research-able combat attributes (evasion plus all the "attack" values, excluding durability and armor), and when applied to a unit the penalty will be the same for all such attributes (the evasion penalty and the LA penalty will be the same, for example, *not* -1 and -2 like your example).

Also, in GG all nations will be classified as one of two classes: reduced national capability, or not. There will not be any finer gradations than that. For nations of reduced capability, most units will get -1 penalty, armor will get -2, militia and surface naval no penalty.

Doing a full UI for full flexibility would be too much work, so all I have is the GUI shown in the above link. But if you wanted to print out consultation tables and utililize the full capability within a circle of players, it could be done.

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Mods and Scenarios >> Different Axis Country - Different Value Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI