Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Buggy log on hotseat play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Buggy log on hotseat play Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Buggy log on hotseat play - 10/17/2000 2:19:00 AM   
Kharan

Will the final 4.3 version fix the log so it doesn't show all messages to both players? Now you have an Enigma machine which lets you see your opponents' partisan infiltration, reinforcement, rally and artillery assignments messages

Post #: 1
- 10/17/2000 9:44:00 PM   
Warhorse

Don't watch ! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 2
- 10/17/2000 10:55:00 PM   
Kharan

I resent that, Warhorse! This terminal bug was not present in v2.3, and it makes SPWAW totally unplayable! ... Allright, allright, joking aside, since the log has been tweaked pretty carefully for online mode, it's probably just an omission that the hotseat log shows everything.

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 3
- 10/17/2000 11:12:00 PM   
Tom Proudfoot

By "showing everything", I presume you mean that if the log were cleared between turns everything would be ok... it is just that you see the messages left over from your opponent's turn? Tom

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 4
- 10/17/2000 11:17:00 PM   
Warhorse

Sorry, couldn't help myself!! That does bother me a little, only thing you can do is hit the Tab button, to turn it off all-together, but that kinda stinks too. ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 5
- 10/17/2000 11:37:00 PM   
Kharan

What I mean is that it shows the messages intended only for you ("GE Sniper is too heavy", "PzKpfw-VIe breaks down - Immobilized", "PzKpfw-IIIe needs at least 1 order to call artillery", "Elefant arrives on battlefield" etc) to your opponent as well. And I'm not talking about the F5 log only but the message area bottom right of the screen. Yes, clearing the log between turns would solve it, although that would clear also the messages you should see (combat results, unit dispersions, arty barrages). But you should be able to see those things in VCR anyway, so I'm not sure if it would hurt (note: dispersions and arty aren't shown in the 4.3 beta VCR. Don't know about the final version though).

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 6
- 10/18/2000 12:41:00 AM   
Kharan

quote:

Originally posted by Kharan: Yes, clearing the log between turns would solve it, although that would clear also the messages you should see (combat results, unit dispersions, arty barrages). But you should be able to see those things in VCR anyway, so I'm not sure if it would hurt (note: dispersions and arty aren't shown in the 4.3 beta VCR. Don't know about the final version though).
Oops, arty is shown on hotseat VCR. It isn't shown on secure PBEM VCR for anyone if you have fast arty off and your opponent has fast arty on. Infantry dispersions don't show on any VCR though. So that (and surrenders) would be the only drawback in clearing the log every turn in hotseat play. [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited October 17, 2000).]

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Buggy log on hotseat play Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI