Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone interested in playing out the war as planned? (CLOSED)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Anyone interested in playing out the war as planned? (CLOSED) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone interested in playing out the war as planned? (C... - 2/2/2009 3:45:57 PM   
herwin

This is a 'limited war' scenario, where the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor does not take place. Japan instead adopts a strategic defensive in the Eastern Pacific, planning to defeat the US Fleet in a "Great All-Out Battle" in the Western Pacific. The Japanese planning instead concentrates on capturing the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere before America's War Plan Orange reaches the Western Pacific, and counts on American war-weariness to make the American Government willing to negotiate.

Meanwhile, the US Navy implements War Plan Orange. The American goal is to reach the Philippines or Taiwan and establish a close blockade of Japan before American war-weariness forces the US Government to negotiate a treaty. This is the campaign the US Navy expected and planned for.

The necessary files are posted at this location. It's an RHS scenario, and we want to test it out to see whether it goes off the tracks. I'll play either side and keep going until my opponent gets tired. (Just ask blitzk for my track record in a game where he's feeding me to the piranhas. String can also certify my masochism.)

< Message edited by herwin -- 2/18/2009 3:26:23 PM >

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone interested in playing out the war as planned? - 2/2/2009 4:54:52 PM   
Bliztk

Certified.

But he also isn´t feeding the piranhas in our game.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone interested in playing out the war as planned? - 2/2/2009 5:04:28 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

Certified.

But he also isn´t feeding the piranhas in our game.

That's only because you have to take Okinawa by July 1944 to win.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone interested in playing out the war as planned? - 2/8/2009 12:35:16 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

is this still open ???

I installed RHS recently and have a game currently underway (EOSAI as allied.)

Which Scenario do you mean exactly ?

I could take the allied side if you like

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone interested in playing out the war as planned? - 2/8/2009 8:21:32 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

is this still open ???

My match has started, but there are some other folks starting up RHS scenarios. They may be willing to throw you a line--see if johanb wants a second match. Unfortunately, I now have five games underway in some form or another.

Harry Erwin

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 5
RE: Anyone interested in playing out the war as planned? - 2/9/2009 10:28:58 AM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

is this still open ???

He is talking about RHSYPO = War Plan Orange. This is a variation of RHSBBO = Battleship Oriented. It was my idea that BBO was the war as planned - and in ship build terms - it is - both pre war and early war planning are implemented in it. But his idea - that Japan adopted a less radical plan than attacking Pearl Harbor (leading to the resignation of Adm Yamamotot) - is probably MORE like the war as planned than even BBO is. The more I think about it - the more I like it - and I probably should have replaced BBO with YPO directly. It is very much the war as it was likely to happen - in terms of ship builds.

I do not have a test of this scenario running. I could run one on either side - but it would be easier to do the Allies - the Japanese need to put a lot of work into the first turn of this scenario - which does not have any plan for operations by Kiddo Butai or its associated tanker formation - and I am somewhat time constrained.

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 6
RE: Anyone interested in playing out the war as planned? - 2/13/2009 4:30:35 AM   
Rysyonok

This is a very interesting scenario. I'd like to observe a game in progress.

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 7
RE: Anyone interested in playing out the war as planned? - 2/13/2009 9:04:32 AM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rysyonok

This is a very interesting scenario. I'd like to observe a game in progress.

Check out the AAR forum. The RHSWPO game is just starting.

Harry Erwin

(in reply to Rysyonok)
Post #: 8
RE: Anyone interested in playing out the war as planned? - 2/18/2009 7:43:26 PM   
el cid again

There is going to be a significant update to YPO today or tomorrow. Due to available slots - aircraft have been broken down - so you get more correct performance than with combined types. Also - Japanese ships of 1945 are 9999ed out - so the Japanese shipbuilding economy will work better.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Anyone interested in playing out the war as planned? (CLOSED) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI