Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Jap Opponent Sought (CLOSED)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Jap Opponent Sought (CLOSED) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jap Opponent Sought (CLOSED) - 3/1/2009 5:45:37 AM   
Dobey455

Hi guys,

I've been playing WITP for about 12 - 18 months now, but with little PBEM experience.
I feel I've got a pretty good handle on the game and would be happy to play either a begginer or a vet.
I have a real interest in military history, (and politics), and my style of play reflects this, in that I tend to avoid strategies or tactics that were historically impossible (ie US units abondoning the Phillipes to help defend Singapore)

I'm happy to play either CHS 2.08 (scen 155) or Big B mod 1.5 and would like one day turns. Looking for a Japanese opponent.
I am open to HR suggestions, but as I play somewhat historically and don't believe in exploiting game features I would probably be happy for these to be kept to a minimum outside of turn 1.

If your interested or want to discuss further please either post here or PM me.

< Message edited by Dobey -- 3/2/2009 5:01:01 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Jap Opponent Sought - 3/1/2009 6:28:39 PM   
bigbaba

hi there,

i would like to run BigB 1.5 for the first time. heard only positive things about this MOD.

so if you are a "fast" player (means at least one or more turn/day for the most time) then i would like to play the japanese part.

as for house rules, i am a historical player too and dont like engine abuses which never happend in the reality.

what do you think about the following HRs:

1 day turns
historical first turn off
allied damage control on
advanced weather effects on
reinforcements variable +-15days
PDU on
sub doctrine off for both sides
sub auto ops off

my HR would be:

-only two port attacks on turn one, no overabuse of the turn one movement bonus (means no landings on turn 7 in Australia or something like that)

-Japanese are not allowed to do strategic bombing in China! Far too easy to destroy all the ressources, HI and OIL. Japanese may bomb everything else of Allied territory.

-Allied are not allowed to do strategic bombing of JAPANESE OCCUPIED ALLIED territory. This should prevent the Allied player to do suicide attacks e.g. with carriers to destroy some oil facilities (which I´ve seen enough) and for the reasons mentioned under above point. Allied may bomb everything in Japan, Korea, eastern China, Thailand = everything Japan held at 1941/12/7. If you want to starve Japan, take the bases or sink the ships!

-B29 aren´t allowed on naval attack

-B29 only on level 6 or 7+ airfields, this should limit them to places that were big enough in real life.

-4Es on nav attack min alt 15.000 ft

-ASW TF max 6 ships

-PT boats max 6 at a base (1x6 PT TF or 2x3 PT TF. Not 6 TFs with single PTs!)

-no sub invasions

-cutting off units only with "real" combat units, not some 10 assault point base forces

-no use of dozens of small barge, MSW, ... TFs to guard ports (engine can´t handle dozens of small TFs in one hex)

-no exploit of dozens invasion TFs going at one base, means: if you need 300 ships for an invasion, put them into 5, 6 or 7 TFs but not in 60 TFs with 5 ships each.

-no allied ship movements from ports in turn 1. only Tfs at sea can be moved.

(in reply to Dobey455)
Post #: 2
RE: Jap Opponent Sought - 3/1/2009 9:50:35 PM   
John 3rd

Good idea to try and cap the Atoll garrison size like we talked about in Forlorn Hopes AAR.

Good Luck and have FUN!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 3
RE: Jap Opponent Sought - 3/2/2009 12:40:52 AM   
stuman

Not having played PBEM yet, I am curious about the prohibition against Allies bombing the DEI oil fields. I thought that was in fact done during the war Not a criticism here, just wondering about the need for that rule. Is it a game engine issue ?

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 4
RE: Jap Opponent Sought - 3/2/2009 5:01:49 AM   
Dobey455

Thanks all who replied. This thread is now closed.

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Jap Opponent Sought (CLOSED) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI