Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation Kinderschreck is Coming Soon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Operation Kinderschreck is Coming Soon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation Kinderschreck is Coming Soon - 5/24/2002 4:52:09 AM   
Redleg

GERMAN HQ, 0430 20 July 42:*
Achtung! Gentlemen, the kampfgruppe commander!*
"Be seated, Gentlemen." "I trust all preparations have been made? Every detail attended to?
Excellent".

"Gentlemen, intelligence has informed me that the enemy we are about to meet has been recently designated "Guards" units." "Guards, indeed!" "Well, we shall see what they guard in an hour or so." (nervous laughter from the assembled officers of the kampfgruppe)

"Guards?, I think not. "Kinderschreck" (In English, something to scare children) is a more apt description. This operation is to be renamed! It is now 'Operation Kinderschreck'!" (More nervous laughter as the officers wonder if they share their commander's disdain for the enemy)

"Now to the details. Gentlemen, we shall not permit or tolerate failure. East! Drive East! Ever Eastward. If opportunity appears, take it. Show initiative. Any Bolshevik who survives this morning will be fortunate, indeed. Destroy every unit, every tank. Drive Eastward."

"Go visit every soldier of every squad, every tank before we march". "Convey my confidence in them. I know they will do their duty just as they have always done".

"Dismissed".

Transcript of Soviet (Human Player) staff meeting will follow.
Post #: 1
- 5/25/2002 12:07:21 AM   
Redleg

Here's what the Soviet (Human) side is up to.

SOVIET HQ, 0430 hours:*
"Comrade officers, look at your battle maps. Each objective is clearly marked and remains
as we discussed yesterday. Be sure to drive to and hold your objectives. This is critical to
our success."

"I have been informed that we will have a battalion of artillery to support our advance. The "Fritzes" will have probably already departed for Berlin before they see our T34s." (Nervous laughter among all assembled except for the battalion Political Officer, a gloomy man, who has never been known to laugh at anything")

"Failure will not be tolerated. This endless withdrawal must stop. Here. Now. Any soldier who retreats without orders will be shot. We cannot afford to fail. We owe victory to the Motherland. No quarter is to be given. Attack and take your objectives."

"Dismissed".

Still working on the balancing of the this but it is close to being finished.

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Operation Kinderschreck is Coming Soon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI