Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wish List - First Three Months AAR Tutorial

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Wish List - First Three Months AAR Tutorial Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wish List - First Three Months AAR Tutorial - 3/2/2009 4:00:14 PM   
MorningDew

I'd love to see an experienced player post a very detailed AAR/Tutorial of the first three months of the 1805 scenario.

Looking at Hard Sarges AAR, a key difference between his game and mine seems to be that the Austrians never slipped behind his forces into France. I'd really like to see how this is done and what settings/strategy I'm missing.
Post #: 1
RE: Wish List - First Three Months AAR Tutorial - 3/2/2009 4:07:58 PM   
Franck

Hi, I started my first game as prussia 1805...

You are not in the first war against france and the AI france seems unwilling to declare war on you if you are staying quite neutral...

It let's you learn EVERYTHIN that is not military...
You can get protectorate... You'll understand when it's safe to declare war on minor you don't want to be asking help to someone else. You'll learn to get them peacefully... You'll learn to be a really good trader-Economic organiser... (Gosh, Hard Sarge said somewhere that you'll almost never have enough Textile... Well guess what I HAVE WAY TO MUCH TEXTILE!)...

Nah, start with something smaller!

(in reply to MorningDew)
Post #: 2
RE: Wish List - First Three Months AAR Tutorial - 3/2/2009 5:08:32 PM   
MorningDew

Good point. Now that I think of it, I am trying to run before I learn to crawl.

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 3
RE: Wish List - First Three Months AAR Tutorial - 3/2/2009 5:30:13 PM   
bbmike

I haven't tried the game yet or watched the videos. But it would be nice if someone could do an AAR for newbies.  I'm sure I'll need all the help I can get!

(in reply to MorningDew)
Post #: 4
RE: Wish List - First Three Months AAR Tutorial - 3/2/2009 5:40:35 PM   
DasTactic

Joram's AAR http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2025878 pretty much does what you want.

It is extremely thorough. Very easy to read. And he takes the time to explain what he is doing at every turn.

His AAR was the thread that turned me from a 'monitor the forums about once a month' to a 'monitor the forums every day' to see when the game was coming out.

BTW admins, shouldn't this thread and Hard Sarge's AAR be moved to the AAR forum?

(in reply to bbmike)
Post #: 5
RE: Wish List - First Three Months AAR Tutorial - 3/2/2009 7:03:20 PM   
Joram

Thanks Das for the kind words.  Me:1  Hard Sarge: 457.  Woot! 

Andrew, in 1805 you should be strong enough to split your forces and prevent the Austrians striking out from Tyrolia while simultaneously stopping the Russia/Austria force from coming through Bavaria.  Also, don't leave Holland completely undefended as sometimes a small russian army corps comes from Prussia direction.  I keep the Batavian army up there plus that one small corps (I forget what it's called). Once you beat them back once or twice, you should be able to consolidate your forces and march onto Vienna.  There are a few ways of doing this but that's the general strategy in a nutshell.

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 6
RE: Wish List - First Three Months AAR Tutorial - 3/2/2009 7:19:49 PM   
MorningDew

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

Thanks Das for the kind words.  Me:1  Hard Sarge: 457.  Woot! 

Andrew, in 1805 you should be strong enough to split your forces and prevent the Austrians striking out from Tyrolia while simultaneously stopping the Russia/Austria force from coming through Bavaria.  Also, don't leave Holland completely undefended as sometimes a small russian army corps comes from Prussia direction.  I keep the Batavian army up there plus that one small corps (I forget what it's called). Once you beat them back once or twice, you should be able to consolidate your forces and march onto Vienna.  There are a few ways of doing this but that's the general strategy in a nutshell.

Thanks! Will give it a go tonight.

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 7
RE: Wish List - First Three Months AAR Tutorial - 3/2/2009 10:33:00 PM   
bbmike

quote:

ORIGINAL: Das123

Joram's AAR http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2025878 pretty much does what you want.

It is extremely thorough. Very easy to read. And he takes the time to explain what he is doing at every turn.

His AAR was the thread that turned me from a 'monitor the forums about once a month' to a 'monitor the forums every day' to see when the game was coming out.

BTW admins, shouldn't this thread and Hard Sarge's AAR be moved to the AAR forum?

Thanks! There was only one Hard Sarge AAR in the AAR forum before.

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Wish List - First Three Months AAR Tutorial Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI