Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWaW v4.3 Beta Now Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW v4.3 Beta Now Available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWaW v4.3 Beta Now Available - 10/7/2000 1:10:00 PM   
David Heath

Guys We are releasing a beta of v4.3 so gamers can test the PBEM and VCR features. Here are a list of the other changes you will fined in v4.3b 1. You can now upgrade units of classes #86 and up in the campaign. 2. Fixed up Finnish name list with Finnish suggestions. 3. Fixed starting dates, etc., for purchasing units in user campaigns. 4. Reinforcements in user campaigns are now auxiliary units. 5. PBEM saves should save properly in slots 10, 11, 12 now. 6. Fixed PBEM vcr replay stopping prematurely. 7. Fixed bombardment in online play repeatedly landing in same hex. You can get the v4.3 beta at http://www.matrixgames.com/spwaw/downloads.asp So enjoy the v4.3 beta

Post #: 1
- 10/7/2000 3:06:00 PM   
crazyivan

thanks once agian David for your prompt and outstanding efforts.fixing the starting dates for purchasing units in a campiagn game does this mean that i should be able to get jpz befor 44 or the russian spaa units becausce i tried and still cannot purchase them untill 44,or is this fix refering to something else.my version says 4.3b so is this bug still around untill the oob fix comes through. many thanks for a top game

"The best form of defence,is attack"

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 10/7/2000 8:11:00 PM   
Warhorse

Crazyivan, the formation with new class coordination is still going to be addressed as we speak. Some of the new classes were added in, but whoever did that didn't know that some of the seeming 'wrong' classifications were there to seperate units into different formations, so did not follow thru, we are fixing that, thanks!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 3
- 10/7/2000 9:35:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

IT wasn't that I didn't know Warhorse, I got my files mixed up

Post #: 4
- 10/7/2000 10:20:00 PM   
Mac_MatrixForum

The 4.3B seems to be working ok, for me at least. One thing I noticed when I recently fought a river defense battle in my campaign. The British 5.5" FH gave some kind of a bombing sound even with Fast Artillery on. Not with every round of fire, though. Another thing happened when I shot with sIG33s at troops on a brown road. Sometimes the damage graphic looked more like a destroyed house. Is this an intentional damage graphics tile? I hope there would be a separate artillery sound with fast artillery option as now I'm missing all the fine artillery effects and it worked perfectly in v1.0. Perhaps in SPMW if not in SPWAW. One can only hope. Anyway, good work. ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

Post #: 5
- 10/7/2000 10:53:00 PM   
Kharan

quote:

Originally posted by Mac: I hope there would be a separate artillery sound with fast artillery option as now I'm missing all the fine artillery effects and it worked perfectly in v1.0. Perhaps in SPMW if not in SPWAW. One can only hope.
Couldn't it just play the same sound file for each fast arty salvo as for each arty round? I don't normally use fast arty anymore, but when both sides have 4 or more batteries there really isn't any option .

Post #: 6
- 10/7/2000 11:02:00 PM   
Kharan

About Counter-battery fire... looks like it does 3-5 hits per cbf now instead of 48 or 64 hits before 4.1. Did it go from too high to too low? I didn't notice any difference in men and ammo with undamaged batteries and those that had some damage. [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited October 07, 2000).]

Post #: 7
- 10/7/2000 11:03:00 PM   
Fuerte

I don't understand why anyone would have fast artillery on. That settings hides the artillery effect almost completely, and you have no idea of what happened. It is very unrealistic... the best feature in Combat Mission is the artillery, which fires all the time when your other units are moving or fighting. It is a very impressive effect. And now that it is possible to set the message box time to 10 ms or less, the artillery is very fast anyway. [This message has been edited by Fuerte (edited October 07, 2000).]

Post #: 8
- 10/7/2000 11:10:00 PM   
Graf Speer

quote:

I don't understand why anyone would have fast artillery on
Hi Fuerte, Since 4.0 greatly improved the normal artillery replay speed, I have to agree. That is, it was always more enjoyable and/or unnerving to watch where the lead was falling, one bomb at a time. It's tweaks and improvements like these that I also appreciate about these massive overhauls of the original game. Thanks again to the Matrix team of designers / programmers and proof-readers Albert

Post #: 9
- 10/7/2000 11:13:00 PM   
Kharan

quote:

Originally posted by Fuerte: I don't understand why anyone would have fast artillery on. That settings hides the artillery effect almost completely, and you have no idea of what happened. It is very unrealistic... the best feature in Combat Mission is the artillery, which fires all the time when your other units are moving or fighting. It is a very impressive effect. And now that it is possible to set the message box time to 10 ms or less, the artillery is very fast anyway.
The log still shows what happened to vehicles if you have fast arty on. If you set msg delay to 10ms, then it's pretty hard to see the penetration values and actual chances (both of which you won't see from the log). I normally have msg delay at 40 so I can see the details from the msg box and the results from the log. Still if there's a lot of artillery, fast arty gets turned on.

Post #: 10
- 10/7/2000 11:34:00 PM   
Fuerte

Yes, in fact I'm varying the message box time between 10 - 40 ms for just that reason. I'm still trying to find the optimum value. Currently it is at 10 ms (which is the new default). I have beginning to think that the penetration values etc. are not that important. If you have a lot of artillery, then the log gets filled up very quickly, and you have to use F5, and it can be hard to find the information there... therefore the fast artillery stays off, so that I have more time to read the information in the message log in the bottom of the screen, if I need to.

Post #: 11
- 10/7/2000 11:40:00 PM   
Wild Bill

In most cases, you wouldn't want fast artillery on. It also affect aircraft attacks. But if you play one of Grenadier's massive Soviet artillery barrages in one of his Berlin scenarios, after about 10 minutes, you'll wish you had In most cases, fast artillery does take something from the feel of the game. For those who can't wait, however, fast artillery is a good option. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 12
- 10/7/2000 11:54:00 PM   
Kharan

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't take anything from anyone if fast arty did make some sound. Then there wouldn't be any negative side (except not seeing infantry casualties) in using it for those who want to use it and for those who use it only on arty-heavy battles.

Post #: 13
- 10/8/2000 12:52:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi All! I never use fast arty my self all I do is put live delay to 0 and message delay to 0 and it just cook. You want to see how much this game rocks try these setting. Be warned it's fast play. Gives you the realistic feeling. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

Post #: 14
- 10/8/2000 1:05:00 AM   
mogami

Hi 4.3 working fine Soviet Guard infantry back after going AWOL in 4.2 hope German AC is a bug (I know it is not)

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

Post #: 15
- 10/8/2000 2:26:00 AM   
Mac_MatrixForum

Hmm, I better test with fast artillery -off. Since SP2 I've kept that on all the time, because I don't like waiting for eons. I also like to look at the penetration and damage messages but I've already considered putting the delays to 0 to speed up the game. What's so good with the fast artillery, in addition to the speed, is that you get the feel of the massed barrages, when multiple shells land simultaneously, which is what good artillery barrages are about, IMHO. ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

Post #: 16
- 10/8/2000 2:48:00 AM   
Kharan

PBEM VCR playback seems to finally work in v4.3B.

Post #: 17
- 10/8/2000 2:56:00 AM   
Kharan

Another thing would be if the arty delays were always at 0 regardless of msg delay setting.

Post #: 18
- 10/8/2000 3:47:00 AM   
crazyivan

is anyone heard weather the problem of the mouse frezzing the game on selecting the last unit on your purchase screen has been adressed in a campiagn?. you buy your core force then your support force high lite the last unit on the right purchased units screen and bang big time hang up nothing will work you have to alt del out of game.i have tried another mouse but it still happens am running a usb microsoft intelli (no balls) . this becomes a problem if you want to delete a unit which can be done only if you are fast it takes about a secound to lock up once you have highlited a unit. i too like the fast arty option off those german 150s make a nice bang for your bucks great effort to all involved you guys are simply outstanding

"The best form of defence,is attack"

Post #: 19
- 10/8/2000 5:19:00 AM   
Blackbird

quote:

Originally posted by Kharan: Another thing would be if the arty delays were always at 0 regardless of msg delay setting.
And rally delays with it.

Post #: 20
- 10/8/2000 11:05:00 AM   
Lazarus

I heard that W@W 4.3b and W@W 4.2 are not compatible. Is it true? Thanks ------------------ "The conqueror is always a lover of peace; he would prefer to take over our country unopposed." CLAUSEWITZ

"The conqueror is always a lover of peace; he would prefer to take over our country unopposed." CLAUSEWITZ

Post #: 21
- 10/8/2000 11:30:00 AM   
Tom Proudfoot

They are not compatible in the sense that online/PBEM players must all have the same version. However, old saved games, scenarios, and stuff like that works fine. Tom

Post #: 22
- 10/15/2000 8:43:00 PM   
Kharan

About Counter-battery fire... of about 30 155mm CBF's (3-5 hits per CBF), 28 did nothing (1-2 points damage was shown, but ammo or men wasn't reduced). 2 CBF's caused one gun of the receiving battery to lose all it's ammo. [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited October 19, 2000).]

Post #: 23
- 10/19/2000 10:33:00 PM   
David F. Wall

How sure are we that the lingering reinforcements bug is fixed? I have two different examples of campaigns under 4.3b where the requested reinforcements join the core force after the battle.

Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW v4.3 Beta Now Available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI