Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reset my Game again!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Reset my Game again! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reset my Game again! - 3/9/2009 2:03:56 AM   
Misconduct

Learning phase sucks for any game, I am on my 4th and fresh new campaign after learning quite a few things especially about ground troops. I started the game with every unit not getting upgrades/replacements. Secondly I am going to watch the "Aviation Support" since I believed half my airfields did not even have half the requirements lol.

All in all, my last campaign I did manage plenty of screw ups, taking Iwo Jima was a terrible price to pay. I did manage to take all of gilbert islands, and mopped up anything south of Rubaul.

Edit: good news is JAVA is not just a word for coffee, its an actual place!! durr

I do really appreciate all those who helped me along the way, I am still chugging along and learning, thanks for the advice too

< Message edited by Misconduct -- 3/9/2009 2:12:52 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/9/2009 3:45:29 AM   
rogueusmc

You are only on your fourth restart?...newbie...

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 2
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/9/2009 3:56:46 AM   
stuman

Keep asking questions, the folks here are willing to help.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 3
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/9/2009 4:45:56 AM   
Crimguy

He missed the early patch/restart/patch/restart days.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

You are only on your fourth restart?...newbie...

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 4
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/9/2009 5:32:21 AM   
rogueusmc

I was just funnin' with him...I must have done 20 turn ones easy...You learn something, restart...rinse and repeat.

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 5
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/9/2009 12:29:12 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

I was just funnin' with him...I must have done 20 turn ones easy...You learn something, restart...rinse and repeat.

Only 20 ???.......Newbie.....

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 6
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/9/2009 1:35:06 PM   
SierraJuliet

I know... every time I study the map I find something else that can should be moved or needs adjustment.  I'm almost to the point where I'm thinking I have everything where I want it so I can jump into a PBEM and find out just how much I still don't know.  And just when I think I might be getting somewhere AE will come along and so it will start all over again 

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 7
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/9/2009 2:01:56 PM   
Crimguy

I've restarted about 20-30 times. Amazing that I have never actually finished a game of WitP in all this time. I'm humming along in two games right now, but then AE will arrive . . .

(in reply to SierraJuliet)
Post #: 8
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/9/2009 5:07:33 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crimguy

I've restarted about 20-30 times. Amazing that I have never actually finished a game of WitP in all this time. I'm humming along in two games right now, but then AE will arrive . . .

I am one of those perfectionist, you know must have stuff done right. I had so many flaws in my last campaign It was logical to simply restart. For example in DEI I had so many Aviation support units all over place, none were crowded around Diamond harbor / Chanupur / Impahl that made most airgroups useless until I realized moving them around would actually help.

How about this, I was curious why I had absolutely no planes in my pool, because all my planes were on reinforce automatically, which drained my pool faster then Rosie O'donald eats Cake.

So many flaws MUST restart, maybe reach veteran status in a year after 49 more restarts.

Oh I forget to mention I have not even TRIED japan yet? Oh hell I can't even keep allies alive let alone try the Rising sun! Bleh

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 9
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/10/2009 12:18:23 AM   
rogueusmc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct
...which drained my pool faster then Rosie O'donald eats Cake.

Rosie ain't got nuthin' on what WitP can do to aircraft pools...but you analogy was prolly as close as you can get...

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 10
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/10/2009 5:53:03 AM   
SierraJuliet

Thanks Misconduct.... I thought it was just me. I'm working up to going PBEM and your restart trauma has given me extra incentive to move on and see what really big blunders I can make.

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 11
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/10/2009 8:50:56 AM   
Misconduct

quote:

ORIGINAL: SierraJuliet

Thanks Misconduct.... I thought it was just me. I'm working up to going PBEM and your restart trauma has given me extra incentive to move on and see what really big blunders I can make.

You know what the best therapy is for me? I have been reading PBEM games in the After Action report forum and learning a great deal on how the veterans are responding to threats, when to go offense and such, even though I am playing the AI it does help to have someone elses insight on what moves to make, etc.

So far in the new campaign August/42 for allies - I have taken Lunga, Shortland, and keeping the supply lanes open, I am soon to mop up Gilbert islands, mainly cut off Kwajaline Atoll from any Betties so i can keep supply lanes open.

Soon as P38s are available I will start making a push on Guam, Saipan and Iwo Jima. I Believe going after factories early enough will be my strategy.

(in reply to SierraJuliet)
Post #: 12
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/10/2009 9:07:35 AM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crimguy

I am one of those perfectionist, you know must have stuff done right. I had so many flaws in my last campaign It was logical to simply restart. For example in DEI I had so many Aviation support units all over place, none were crowded around Diamond harbor / Chanupur / Impahl that made most airgroups useless until I realized moving them around would actually help.

How about this, I was curious why I had absolutely no planes in my pool, because all my planes were on reinforce automatically, which drained my pool faster then Rosie O'donald eats Cake.

So many flaws MUST restart, maybe reach veteran status in a year after 49 more restarts.

Oh I forget to mention I have not even TRIED japan yet? Oh hell I can't even keep allies alive let alone try the Rising sun! Bleh

quote:

Rosie O'donald eats Cake.

Oh did I laugh hard!

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 13
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/10/2009 10:07:00 AM   
Ambassador

quote:

Don't dream about it. I've been playing for a year. I've made countless restarts (well over 30 for sure, on the Scen15 alone, without counting the other scenarios). And I ain't no veteran yet.

Just giving you an advice, from a newbie to a newbieR : don't strive for perfection too early. Do you notice by December 15th that you forgot to load the USMC division on transports to send it towards Noumea or (hopefully fast enough) Rabaul ? Don't start anew, play along, learn a few more things.
And a second advice : keep a savegame of your first turn, with basic modifications that you make in every game : changing the objective of far away LCUs, changing the missions of the squadrons that are not yet on the frontline, moving the Indian, Australian, Chinese LCUs to the places you want them to be, setting the repair/upgrade status of the various bases, etc. You'll save up a lot of time when you'll next start again.

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 14
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/10/2009 10:29:04 AM   
Misconduct

Ambassador I learned that after my first reset, I was wondering why did i bother to not keep the first turn save when everything was done already instead of spending 3 hours sending transports all over again, each time i reset and learn something new I add to my origional savegame and after my turns are done re-save the game in slot 3 named "turn 2" etc This way I can go back and see the after action reports and Intel and see what I did wrong.

For those unsure of set woman who eats cake here's a photo - I can't tell whose who in the photo so take your best shot! !Warning! keep eye bleach near by!

< Message edited by Misconduct -- 3/10/2009 10:30:20 AM >

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 15
RE: Reset my Game again! - 3/10/2009 11:38:45 AM   
Dili

quote:

I started the game with every unit not getting upgrades/replacements.

I never started them with that ON. I only give auto upgrades/replacements to units that are in front line doing combat.

< Message edited by Dili -- 3/10/2009 11:42:12 AM >

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Reset my Game again! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI