Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft upgrades? How?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Aircraft upgrades? How? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/7/2009 7:34:06 PM   
Misconduct

its 8/15/42 I am playing the allies and have hardly any aircraft to upgrade at all, for example my P39s have no P38 upgrades, or P40s.
Also I have hardly any B24's to replace any B17's also don't have any B17's to reinforce.

Anyone give me a forum post to describe what I am doing wrong? Just seems like I am hardly manufacturing airplanes as allies. Most my aircraft being built are B24's and Wildcats, but no P38s to upgrade or any in stock either.
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/7/2009 7:46:21 PM   
Ambassador

P-38 appear later.  Mid-August is too early - in stock, it's October.  And you can't convert P-39 to P40B or E (N come in mid-43).

But you should get B-24D, they appear in June.  Are you sure your squadrons are on "Upgrade allowed" ?

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/7/2009 7:47:46 PM   
Misconduct

Yeah they are, but seems never enough b24's to go around to replace my b17's. Ah your right, I misread my XML file on aircraft dates of availability, Im 8/42 and P38 is 10/42, hellcat 12/42

< Message edited by Misconduct -- 3/7/2009 8:24:58 PM >

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/8/2009 3:53:14 PM   
Oldguard1970

Misconduct,

Click on the Intelligence reports tab (fifth from the left) and then aircraft replacement pool.  You will see when new aircraft are due to start production.  You will also see the production rates for your aircraft.  One of the fun parts of the game is managing which units get replacements, which get to upgrade and which units fight with what they have.

"Rangers Lead the Way!"

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/8/2009 4:05:24 PM   
Misconduct

yeah I turned on user defined upgrades, which I figured after reading forums it was best rather then leave computer to upgrade some squadron in canada rather then port moresby airgroup.

Only thing I cant figure out is I did this at start of august (timeline is 8/25/42 right now) I was able to reinforce my B17 squadrons with planes in the pool, I have plenty of replacements for B24's yet none of my squadrons can "get planes from the pool". It is same for all my SBD groups as well, an airsquadron starts with 20ish planes that are down to under 10, I took to port moresby (level 4 port) to reinforce the squadron and they are given no replacement planes, I did manage to replace the pilot pool not the aircrafts, so my squadrons have 25ish pilots, 10 planes. With over 100+ SBD's in the pool also.

(in reply to Oldguard1970)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/8/2009 6:05:55 PM   
modrow

Misconduct,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

yeah I turned on user defined upgrades, which I figured after reading forums it was best rather then leave computer to upgrade some squadron in canada rather then port moresby airgroup.

Only thing I cant figure out is I did this at start of august (timeline is 8/25/42 right now) I was able to reinforce my B17 squadrons with planes in the pool, I have plenty of replacements for B24's yet none of my squadrons can "get planes from the pool". It is same for all my SBD groups as well, an airsquadron starts with 20ish planes that are down to under 10, I took to port moresby (level 4 port) to reinforce the squadron and they are given no replacement planes, I did manage to replace the pilot pool not the aircrafts, so my squadrons have 25ish pilots, 10 planes. With over 100+ SBD's in the pool also.

is one of the conditions of section 15.2 (p-194, top) of the manual met ? They are all related to having a lot of supplies (>20000) at the base or a base where the corresponding HQ is located. A lot of this game is about moving supplies to the right places on the map. Looking forward to AE, which supposedly will focus on this aspect even more.

If you have enough planes in the pool and there is the option to upgrade to the type of plane you want to use and you set the squadron to "upgrade allowed", this may be the reason why you can't upgrade. The same is necessary for receiving replacements.

Hope this helps

Hartwig

< Message edited by hartwig.modrow -- 3/8/2009 6:06:41 PM >

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/8/2009 6:39:31 PM   
scott64

Those flyboys need plenty of beer and women. err supplies.

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to modrow)
Post #: 7
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/8/2009 6:56:15 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

Just another question : are you asking about replacement planes, to bring the squadron up to numbers, or about upgrading squadrons to a new type of plane ?

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 8
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/8/2009 8:15:33 PM   
Misconduct

Asking about replacement planes. First few turns I was able to replace some b17's from the pool, ever since I can't replace any planes from pool period.

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 9
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/8/2009 9:10:13 PM   
modrow

Misconduct,

quote:

Asking about replacement planes. First few turns I was able to replace some b17's from the pool, ever since I can't replace any planes from pool period.

and your supply situation is > 20000 supplies at the base where you try to replace ?

Can you post a screenshot of the unit and one showing the supply situation at the base ? That, too, may help...

Hartwig

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 10
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/8/2009 9:22:06 PM   
Misconduct

Supplies at port Moresby are above 50,000, ample for what it needs, Aviation support 270 for needing 250. Support at the base around 100 for needing 75

(in reply to modrow)
Post #: 11
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/8/2009 9:54:40 PM   
modrow

Misconduct,

If supply is plentyful, another idea I can come up with is that there may be a fragment of the unit is somewhere on the map, especially at a place where damaged planes cannot be repaired. If the sum of planes in fragment and "main body" of the unit equals the nominal strength of the unit, you will see to few planes when looking at the main unit but not be able to replace planes.

Hartwig

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 12
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/9/2009 8:18:08 AM   
Ambassador

If it's as hartwig.modrow says, you can either bring the fragments back to PM, if possible, or upgrade the squadron then "downgrading" it back to B17.  This will regroup all fragments, even as far away as Aden or Panama, but then off course you'll have to wait for the repair of the planes.

(in reply to modrow)
Post #: 13
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/9/2009 3:32:13 PM   
gladiatt

just an hint: whenever you have the PDU on (Player Definit Upgrade) and you try to upgrade; if you can't, there's a message showing very quickly (may be have to hit the touch many times to read it) saying that there is not enough supply OR the HQ is too far away.

Another hint: hit the upgrade button. You will enter a screen showing wich planes are avalaible and number of planes. Unless you have a number sufficient for the sqadron to fill in, you would not be able to upgrade. Hope that helps

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 14
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/9/2009 5:03:38 PM   
Misconduct

I figured it out when I restarted a new campaign and moved a HQ to Port Moresby right off bat, I could reinforce and upgrade planes as far away as Lunga. That makes no sense, but I understand it needing a HQ to upgrade planes. I believe I moved McArthur's HQ to Moresby for time being and Australian Command to Darwin. I appreciate all the answers, Gladiatt you were right, I had my message windows to fast to actually see the message the HQ was to far away.

Only bug question I have is I have a fragment of a squadron I can't disband called BG 5/1. I kept my old campaign save file and tried to find out where this squadron was, it started out at Pearl Harbor with 1 aircraft that I couldn't disband. Only b17's and 24's I had were at Moresby. I decided to try to move BG 5 to Moresby to see if they would join with any of the other squadrons with no such luck, it was still a fragment of 1 plane. No other bomb groups were 4E.

What exactly am I to do with a squadron of 1 plane and pilot that can't disband?

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 15
RE: Aircraft upgrades? How? - 3/9/2009 5:17:48 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

I figured it out when I restarted a new campaign and moved a HQ to Port Moresby right off bat, I could reinforce and upgrade planes as far away as Lunga. That makes no sense, but I understand it needing a HQ to upgrade planes. I believe I moved McArthur's HQ to Moresby for time being and Australian Command to Darwin. I appreciate all the answers, Gladiatt you were right, I had my message windows to fast to actually see the message the HQ was to far away.

Only bug question I have is I have a fragment of a squadron I can't disband called BG 5/1. I kept my old campaign save file and tried to find out where this squadron was, it started out at Pearl Harbor with 1 aircraft that I couldn't disband. Only b17's and 24's I had were at Moresby. I decided to try to move BG 5 to Moresby to see if they would join with any of the other squadrons with no such luck, it was still a fragment of 1 plane. No other bomb groups were 4E.

What exactly am I to do with a squadron of 1 plane and pilot that can't disband?

You need to find a squadron with the same type of aircraft, and the same nationality and service... so, presumably if this is a B-17x of the USAAF, you need to find another B-17x unit with USAAF pilots.

Even then, this sometimes won't work (notably with carrier air units) but it should work with regular USAAF units.

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Aircraft upgrades? How? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI