Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

naval combat issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> naval combat issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
naval combat issue - 4/4/2009 11:00:57 AM   
kafka

I don't know if this has been reported before but I haven't found any thread for this issue, this may be a bug or, if not and working as intended, should be IMHO reconsidered. Whenever I move (as France) one of my big fleets around the map and happen to encounter some single ship, mostly a merchant, in a sea area, combat occurs. If I understand the model correctly in such cases only the fast class ships of your fleet(frigate, maybe 4th class) participate in combat. So this results in battles often including only one of my big fleet's opposing a single merchant. I use to resolve such battles instantly and, in case of defeat, have my entire fleet displaced. The model seems to attribute the minor encounter's result to the entire fleet so a single merchant is able to cause a vast superior force to route. I think the outcome of such minor battles should not apply to the main fleet.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> naval combat issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI