Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battle Results

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Battle Results Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle Results - 4/22/2009 4:21:55 PM   
Chijohnaok2

While playing the Union vs. AI I have noticed on several occasions noticed the following:
The battle concludes and the screen indicates that the CSA forces were withdrawing (which to me would indicate a Union Victory). However, when the battle results screen comes up it indicates that the CSA forces won a victory (minor, major or strategic). This leaves me confused.

Has anyone else encountered this? Am I missing something?

Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.
Post #: 1
RE: Battle Results - 4/22/2009 5:51:08 PM   
Erik Rutins

That's very odd - which version did you see this with? Do you perchance have a save file that duplicates it?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Chijohnaok2)
Post #: 2
RE: Battle Results - 4/22/2009 6:02:07 PM   
BossGnome

I have encountered this before as well. On the "tug of war" blue-grey battle screen where the action unfolds step by step,  the bar will slowly fill up one way or the other - indicating, I assumed, that the side who lost his little half of the bar is withdrawing. However, when I exited and the battle resolution screen came up, the side who seemed to have lost had instead won, though the casualties stayed the same - essentially one side retreated instead of the other. This happened a few times before, but as far as I could tell, only in near draws. Having 0 knowledge of programming, I am hesitant to offer a hypothesis as to what that might mean. 

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
-Gen. Joffre, before the battle of the Marne

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Battle Results - 4/22/2009 7:04:25 PM   
Capt Cliff

Question ... Did either of you who encountered this happen to "X" or close the combat box before the program does? I have gotten goofy results if I close the combat box and force the battle to conclusion. Goofy meaning about what these guy's are saying.

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to BossGnome)
Post #: 4
RE: Battle Results - 4/24/2009 7:38:02 AM   
Chijohnaok2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

That's very odd - which version did you see this with? Do you perchance have a save file that duplicates it?

Version 1.030 (have not downloaded the most recent [April 2009]release yet).

Unfortunately, did not save a version (or at least do not remember which save file might contain that).
I will save a version if I should see that again.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Battle Results - 4/24/2009 7:42:14 AM   
Chijohnaok2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

Question ... Did either of you who encountered this happen to "X" or close the combat box before the program does? I have gotten goofy results if I close the combat box and force the battle to conclusion. Goofy meaning about what these guy's are saying.

Yes, I normally"X"/ close the combat box just before the program does. If this causes a problem, I will refrain from doing so in the future.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Battle Results Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI