Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Here's a perk for you folks.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Here's a perk for you folks. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Here's a perk for you folks. - 5/24/2002 12:36:58 PM   
Kahn

Being rather the purist (and having taught Astronomy for two years), I have composed an alternate star list. I have taken the liberty to remove most of the names that do not exist and some that could be confusing, with those of more well known from star charts.

For those that want to kill some spare time, you can replace the "stars.txt" file with one of your own choosing. Just remeber to keep the names under 8 characters in length (this includes spaces) and keep the list 150 names long. And as always, make a backup of the original (rename the original file to say "Stars.bak.txt").

The following sites can help you to choose your own star names, and were used in the complation of the list.

http://www.ras.ucalgary.ca/~gibson/starnames/starnames.html
and
http://www.obliquity.com/skyeye/misc/name.html

Another goody is that you can disable the logos (We already know who made and distributed it, really bites when you can't toggle past them!) by renaming the "ApeZone.avi" to "ApeZone1.avi" and the "Matrix.avi" to "Matrix1.avi" (the "Intro.avi" I find entertaining and besides, and unlike the other .avi files I can toggle past it) with no harm in launching the game.
;) (Thanks Andrew for the hint!)

Attachment (1)

"The one you have to watch out for is the one you don't see comming!"
[B]Kahn[/B]
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Here's a perk for you folks. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI