Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WIFFE Rules Revision

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIFFE Rules Revision Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WIFFE Rules Revision - 8/1/2014 8:54:12 PM   
FockeWulf77

I was more than a little surprised to read on BGG just now that WIFFE is not to be the FE for much longer. As we all know it has taken Matrix (Shannon) about 15 years to produce CWIF using the FE rule set. I would like to know how comprehensive this re-write is going to be? Will Matrix be offering revised bound rulebooks for those of us who bought the heavily marketed CWIF deluxe set? Will the changes be mapped over into CWIF and if so how long is that likely to take? We all accept that rules evolve and we take the risk when we buy a game that it may be out of date a few years down the road but CWIF was only released in November last year! How come no mention of a rules re-write on this forum? What gives?

< Message edited by FockeWulf77 -- 8/1/2014 9:57:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: WIFFE Rules Revision - 8/1/2014 9:18:26 PM   
Braig

Just guessing that the answer is nope, to all the above. Will have to have the current WIFFE rules work correctly before thinking about any changes. Which I'm perfectly fine with. Personally, I don't really see the need for any changes to what ADG has already. To each their own though.

(in reply to FockeWulf77)
Post #: 2
RE: WIFFE Rules Revision - 8/1/2014 9:43:56 PM   
warspite1

There will be no need for revised rulebooks because MWIF (this is not CWIF) will not be updated for revisions to the game. MWIF is a computer version of WIFFE.

Besides, there is still PLENTY of work to be done on this version without even thinking about revisions. Even if the revisions to the new rules were relatively minor, the time taken to code, test, code, de-bug, test etc means its not going to happen, but equally (as far as I know) there was never any promise or plan to do so.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to FockeWulf77)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIFFE Rules Revision Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI