Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing combat settings.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Changing combat settings. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing combat settings. - 5/16/2009 6:35:45 PM   
Grymme

Hi

I am working on one/might be several/ ancient type scenarios. One of the points of ancient warfare was (as i understand it) that there were no particular benefit to being either the attacker or defender when it comes to a certain battle.

Now, as i understand it the defender in AT has certain combat benefits. Its basicly suicidal to attack a similar sized force without any benefits like flanking.

So what i want to do is to make the odds for attacker and defender as similar as possible. So what combat settings influence this and how should i set them?

I am thinking about maybe changing counter attack modifier (101-104) and max readiness penalty (106-107). Should i change theese? and are there more settings i should change?

Thanks in advance for any help

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G
Post #: 1
RE: Changing combat settings. - 5/16/2009 6:57:43 PM   
tweber

Hi Grymme

Lots of thinks to consider:

- There is a rule var for concentric bonus.  You might want to knock that down a bit.
- The density of units was generally low due to the inability to live off the land, you might want to raise the stack value of units.
- You may also lower the command radius of staff through a rule var
- For attacking and defending, there is the combat stats in the SFtype, there is also the landscape combat modifiers to play with
- Winter campaigning was tough, you may want to reduce units not in winter quarters
- Roads were not much quicker, you might make the reduce the impact of roads
- There were not much bridges, you might not make fords.  You could make them unbuildable and undestroyable.
- If you are doing ancient times, ships stayed in sight of land.  You might make shallow water and deep water land types. 
- Disease was a bit deal.  If there are too many troops in a hex, you might want to hit them with disease.

Hope this helps

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing combat settings. - 5/16/2009 7:06:16 PM   
Grymme

Hi tweber

A lot of these things i have already done.

- Stack value is currently raised to 500.
- Command radius is 1.
- Land attrition in mountainous regions.
- Shallow and deep water both have storms happening which can sink their whole fleet.
- Havent lowered concentric bonus, but it takes a hit since commander influence will be lower anyway.

You can check out the current scenario if you want its "the punic war thread" in the mod forum.

Thanks for your suggestion. What i specificly was thinking about right now was the combat modifiers when there is a battle. Will check out the combat stats. Are there any specific stats you are thinking of?

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 3
RE: Changing combat settings. - 5/17/2009 2:18:17 AM   
tweber

I am not so sure how all the different stats work.  But, you might try combat sim mode to test.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Changing combat settings. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI