Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

problem getting system to play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> problem getting system to play Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problem getting system to play - 5/26/2002 5:49:29 PM   
phacker

i have purchased a starships unlimited II divided galaxies cd for my child. it is installed but when he tried to play it he keeps getting an error message "wrong disc inserted." i have a windows xp operating system on a dell 8100 inspiron. it would be nice to have something work when you plunk all that money down for it. any ideas as to what might be causing the problem?

paul hacker
Post #: 1
- 5/26/2002 10:19:15 PM   
Supervisor

Patch 1.1 and 1.2 have be released for the game, you can get them in the download section. If they don't work try posting in the SUDG II forum, those who have tons more experinece with the game and issues reside within there to include the designers.

(in reply to phacker)
Post #: 2
Problems - 5/27/2002 10:50:17 AM   
chief

Gmenfan: Please do not take this wrong, BUT this forum we are presently in is a general question forum not strictly reserved for SPWAW techie probs, hence its title 'Tech Support by Gamers for Gamers'. Now if I was a newbie and I had a tech problem this is where I was come to for advice. Unfortunately we SPWAW fans have had an almost exclusive lock on this until the new games appeared from MATRIX. Now I suggest that the powers that be (Matrix) now have a tech problem forum for each game, it would make your monitoring job easier and the other fans could get their problems resolved easier. We can't expect you to solve problems on games/systems you have never seen/played. We need you to solve our problems man. I hope I came across with a constructive and positive suggestion. If you agree pass it on to the bosses after you rewrite it to make more sense. Keep up the good work guy.
BRAVO ZULU.....resp Chief

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to phacker)
Post #: 3
- 5/27/2002 11:10:40 AM   
Supervisor

Chief, no offense taking, I have already suggested (today in fact) that each game have a dedicated Tech forum within it, because the game forums get visited more often which allows anyone who will see the post for help an oppotunity to help someone in need, and sometimes the less popular game problems seem to fall through the cracks unintentionally because the problem is not in the limelight. I'm not trying to solve all problems (I'll never have all the answers no matter what I think) I'm just trying to direct gamers in the right direction to get them familar with the game forums and to attempt to expedite their resolution. The thing I hate worst is the waiting game when you want to play something and you can't get it to work, hours can seem like days, and any of us who have been around long enough have experienced this at some point in the past.

Best regards gmenfan (Mike)

(in reply to phacker)
Post #: 4
I understand - 5/27/2002 11:18:47 AM   
chief

Gmenfan: Thar I goes agin, a day late and a derler shot. I am shere that the fellas u assisted from the other game sights preciated wha youse did fer thems. I corncur wit ur raisoning. Has a nice nite.....As you can C I wen 2 the same coalage as de guys in Doonsbury and I gladuated Suma Cum Lauda. (Now teach what does that mean?) Chief (bob):D :cool: :o

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to phacker)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> problem getting system to play Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI