Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MC Watchtower

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> MC Watchtower Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MC Watchtower - 7/6/2002 9:42:04 AM   
sg

In MC Watchtower, Node 16, Battle10a, three naval units (U0,V0 and W0 Destroyer/Trans) are in the deep water and loaded with para units and have 4.7in naval guns but show up as what looks like a M4A1 Dozer icon. I'm at ver 7.1 and have all the MC updates and patches. Oob's are all dated 3/24/02 or 3/25/02. The units seem to operate normally . Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Steve

"****, we're in a tight spot!"
Ulysses Everett McGill.
Post #: 1
- 7/6/2002 10:26:12 AM   
Supervisor

Hadn't notice but will check it, as long as it doesn't effect gameplay keep proceding. The OOB's might of changed slightly since WB created Watchtower, they were created using 6.1 OOB's because ver 7.x weren't finished yet.

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 2
- 7/6/2002 11:41:15 PM   
Supervisor

sg: I just want to make sure I'm seeing hat your seeing. A large green square with what appears to be a seperated blade in the front and a gun in the middle. I'm pretty sure this is the icon for this unit as the dozer in SPWAW look totally different than this. The item set in the front that appears to be a blade I belive is actually representing a drop down fold down door. I'm enquiring with icon guru's to make sure but I just want to be sure we're on the same page.

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 3
Yup that's it. - 7/7/2002 9:01:54 AM   
sg

Gmenfan,
Your explanation makes sense on closer inspection. At first glance it looks just like a Dozer. Operates perfectly normal as a transport/naval gun platform. If you right click on the unit it does show a landing craft photo. I'm sure you're right, I just thought I was gonna have to clear some floating minefields to land my troops! (LOL) BTW, this MC has been extremely entertaining for me (I bought all 3), primarily because I like controlling US forces. It seems to me though, that it is the least discussed on the boards. I wonder why? The scenarios are very well made, the jungle fighting is nailbighting at times and it covers one of the most famous engagements of the war. Oh well, I 've gotten my moneys worth anyway.

Thanks for the reply,
Steve

Ulysses Everett McGill.

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 4
- 7/7/2002 9:46:04 AM   
Supervisor

It's the smallest Mega of the bunch, and alot of people don't like jungle warfare. Japan is relentless and people don't like to lose. As for it's creation it was done by one of the best in the business. Wild Bill Wilder, your question even prompted me to go back a reply my own copy of it. Have fun with it and if anythings seem in question let me know as I have access the battle plan designs for troubleshooting purposes.

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 5
sg are you out there - 7/9/2002 11:03:41 AM   
Supervisor

sg: remember what you started this thread with? Well after many hours of troubleshooting and closer examination your right. That is the wrong icon for that unit. Somehow it has gone undetected for quit some time until you questioned it. Here is the proper icon to fix it. Extract these 2 files into the MatrixGames\SPWAW\shp directory allowing these files to overwrite the existing one. This will give you the proper looking icon, what we were both looking at was a merkava mineplow from the original SP series, and I can't find anyone who knows how this old icon made it back inot SPWAW. Thanks to Warhorse and Wild Bill in helping me find the problem.

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 6
My eyes get weary... - 7/9/2002 11:23:26 AM   
sg

...but I guess this crt hasn't totally destroyed them yet. Kudos to you for following up on it. I'm kinda gettin used to those mineplow's sittin in the water, supporting my troops with those guns. Gonna be kinda sad to see them go.

Well thanks again for letting me know that late at night, when the eyeballs start to glaze over that I can still trust them. At least in case of floating tanks.

Steve.

Ulysses Everett McGill.

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 7
- 7/9/2002 12:20:42 PM   
Supervisor

The more I looked at them the more it puzzled me, so the deep investigation begain. I'm glad I finally found the root of the problem.

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 8
- 7/17/2002 9:45:26 AM   
WhiteRook

Hey you gotta love that Gmenfan huh! A real tresure for finding and fixing thing SPWAW related. Three cheers for you Suh! :D

Rook

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 9
- 7/17/2002 11:36:11 AM   
Supervisor

Thank you very much, it's great to see a problem get resolved right before my eyes, that's what makes it all worth while.

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> MC Watchtower Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI