Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battlefield - Vietnam

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Battlefield - Vietnam Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battlefield - Vietnam - 10/26/2000 11:56:00 AM   
Wild Bill

An excellent 10 or 11 part series on Vietnam is airing on the Discovery Channel. Each episode is two hours long. I bought these videos from Time-Life, so save yourself some money and catch them if you can. Even if your primary interest is WW2, you will learn a lot from these. They are very well done, in the style of the WW2 Battlefield series. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 10/27/2000 4:32:00 AM   
skukko

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: An excellent 10 or 11 part series on Vietnam is airing on the Discovery Channel. Each episode is two hours long. I bought these videos from Time-Life, so save yourself some money and catch them if you can. Even if your primary interest is WW2, you will learn a lot from these. They are very well done, in the style of the WW2 Battlefield series. Wild Bill
yup. Did you notice Tanks!- series? Same channel.

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 10/27/2000 10:26:00 AM   
Latka

Awwww damn. I thought WB was announcing his latest campaign -Andy

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 10/27/2000 1:06:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Just wait till I get that SPMW and we'll have a whole campaign series, one focusing on each of the following(1)Choppers-airmobility (2) armor (3) River Rats...How's that for coverage?... Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 10/27/2000 4:04:00 PM   
The MSG

How aboutone from the NVA/VC side? ------------------ The MSG

"Arf! Arf! Thats my other dog impression."
-Oddball

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 10/27/2000 5:08:00 PM   
ncpanther

When are these shows airing?? I aint seen them advertised! ------------------ NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 10/27/2000 6:50:00 PM   
Wild Bill

They'll probably air them once a week. The first volume was shown here on Monday at about 9PM EST and again at around Midnight, EST. Check the listings for next Monday. I'll get the TV guide and see if it is listed. WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 10/27/2000 9:56:00 PM   
Viriato

I´m new here , SPMW ? If that's something like SP but in the vietnam conflict I can't wait , I bought SP2 just because of that war ( the sad thing was that it didn´t had any specific campaign about that ). So if you're doing that count me in for anything you need ...

A sorte protege os audazes

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 10/27/2000 10:45:00 PM   
yegor21

quote:

Originally posted by Viriato: I´m new here , SPMW ? If that's something like SP but in the vietnam conflict I can't wait
viarito SPMW is a new game that matrix will hopefully finish by 2001.Its the same as SPWAW but the game starts from 1950 and ends at 2010.Thank you Matrix! ------------------ Ruski General Yegor Yegor21@hotmail.com Im making a web page any help or tips on how to make it like matrix web page.

Ruski General Yegor Yegor21@hotmail.com Im making a web page any help or tips on how to make it like matrix web page.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
- 10/28/2000 12:13:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Viriato, have you visited our Scenario Depot for SP2? There are a bunch of good Nam scenarios, including a complete series on the Silver Bayonet Campaign. Others are there for Tet, and Korea, even Desert Storm. Go shopping over there. They are free and I think you will enjoy them in SP2. You'll find dozens of them. http://www.thegamers.net/scenarios/index.html Just go here, find the SSI list and go to SP2. Good hunting!...Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 10
- 10/28/2000 5:20:00 AM   
Viriato

thanks Yegor21 and thanks Wild Bill , I do believe i´ll go browsing over there ( finally i'll get my combat assaults and my firebase defenses ....). on the other hand if you need any help on the new game like photos , maps , testing , whatever... just drop me a line . Here in portugal on the war for the independece of our colonies we had our Nam ...same weapons , same jungle , same tactics , just diferente ideas and diferent people . I got a ton of books on jungle fighting , most of them 1st person accounts , so like i've said , just drop a line...

A sorte protege os audazes

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 11
- 10/28/2000 11:13:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I will indeed, my friend. Thanks. Does your e-mail have a line between dust and off? I can't tell. I'll be in touch. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 12
- 10/28/2000 11:21:00 AM   
Randy

Wild Bill, what more can we ask for? Combat video on TV and SPW@W/SPMW. I just need the the smell of napalm in the morning!! Thanks Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 13
- 10/28/2000 11:25:00 AM   
Wild Bill

It's just getting better all the time, Randy!Ain't it great to be in this electronic age! I was around long before internet, computers VCRs, shoot...I was here when TV came on the scene. So you know I'm having a blast! Sure beats listening to "The Shadow," "The Lone Ranger," and "Inner Sanctum" on the radio The Ancient Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Battlefield - Vietnam Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI