Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Highly specific OOB question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Highly specific OOB question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Highly specific OOB question - 10/26/2000 8:17:00 PM   
David F. Wall

Is there a unit anywhere, in any OOB, that looks like a fort but behaves like a unit capable of indirect fire?

Post #: 1
- 10/26/2000 8:31:00 PM   
Pack Rat

I believe any "fort" is capable of indirect file, so long as the range and area of fire fit the bill. ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to David F. Wall)
Post #: 2
- 10/26/2000 8:54:00 PM   
David F. Wall

Er -- has anyone else seen this to be true? It seems to be that forts are distinctly not capable of indirect fire, no matter what they're armed with. At least if you put them in a scenario, their weapons don't appear on the bombardment menu when you hit the B key (witness the Omaha Beach scenario). DFW

Post #: 3
- 10/26/2000 9:01:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Pack Rat: I believe any "fort" is capable of indirect file, so long as the range and area of fire fit the bill.
If you're talking about using the "Z"-key, yes. But this is more "area fire" than true indirect fire. Indirect fire with forts as with mortars/howitzers is not possible as far as I know - even giving them mortars as weapons won't do, as the unit class will still be "00-fort", which doesn't allow indirect fire. You may change the unit class to Howitzer or (Heavy) mortar, but beware that you'll loose all benefits from the fortification. Even worse - could be that the game screws up when encountering armor values on such a unit .. maybe changing to "38 SP-Mortar" would work, but you'll still loose crew protection - and you'll screw up the OOB rather nicely, as formations are done by unit classes. Hope this helps ... Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

Post #: 4
- 10/26/2000 9:14:00 PM   
David F. Wall

This is what I thought. I think I'm going to have to settle for buying howitzer class units, using the scenario editor to arm the units with the weapons I want, and then entrenching them. That doesn't really reflect what I'm shooting for all that well (great big guns partially encased in concrete) but I need indirect fire more. I distinctly do not want to diddle the contents of OOB files.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Highly specific OOB question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI