Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

first try modding a scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> first try modding a scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
first try modding a scenario - 8/20/2009 9:24:43 PM   
augustus

I just got AT a few days ago, and decided to take a stab at editing the "second civil war scenario" to change the location of cities and tinker with the map in general. I have just two questions.

First, how to I delete a location from the map? Just playing around, I turned one city into plains terrain, but it still has the city name and statistics. How do I erase that completely and turn a city into a plains hex?

Also, will moving cities around require me to edit the AI in any way, or will the AI still be able to do its thing if I just change the map around?
Post #: 1
RE: first try modding a scenario - 8/20/2009 10:32:35 PM   
Tufkal2

You should keep in mind that the ability of a hex to have a location and the landscape are pretty independent. When you place a location the landscape gets changed but afterwards you can change each other independently.
In order to delete the location you need to go to the "Hex" tab and you will find an entry "Remove location from hex". You can (and actually need to) change the landscape independently iirc.
As to AI there is a rulevar which influences how heavily the AI takes production centers into account. However it makes sense to adapt the victory point value of the hex to adapt because this also heavily influences the AI behaviour....
Good luck modding.

(in reply to augustus)
Post #: 2
RE: first try modding a scenario - 8/21/2009 5:13:12 AM   
augustus

Another question: Is there a way to make terrain impassible to all sides without making it a high mountain hex?

(in reply to augustus)
Post #: 3
RE: first try modding a scenario - 8/21/2009 6:16:00 AM   
Tufkal2

Sure this is straightforward: Set the movement cost for the terrain in the hex to 9999 for all movement types....

(in reply to augustus)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> first try modding a scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI