Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forces Assistance

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> Forces Assistance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forces Assistance - 5/22/2009 6:18:01 PM   
Bandito

Even though there doesn't appear to be an easy way to make maps from scratch, I do like the flexibility provided by the scenario editor in assigning victory locations and deployments to an existing map.

Something I'm confused about, though. The equipment! There's a number of different equipment available, and their names don't provide me--unknowledgeable about military terminology--an idea what they are exactly. Short of me looking up each and every one in Wikipedia (I thought the Stryker was mobile artillery, not an APC, for example), does anyone know of a good resource that they've found helpful?

Most of the scenarios I've played so far give OpFor tanks. What am I looking at if I would like to model "insurgent" engagements?
Post #: 1
RE: Forces Assistance - 5/23/2009 6:49:46 PM   
rich12545

I'm not an expert but here are a couple of ideas.
For the weapons you can simply do an internet search.  Or you can get tacops v4 at battlefront.com.  Very nice game of modern tactical warfare, wego on a platoon level and it has pix/descriptions of all the weapons in the game.  Fairly complete listing.  You can also include military manuals with it.
For insurgent engagements, you can pick a map (urban might be best), setup start areas and victory locations, then assign infantry type forces and lock them in.

(in reply to Bandito)
Post #: 2
RE: Forces Assistance - 5/24/2009 8:02:20 AM   
Bandito

My search a couple days ago did reveal a useful site about typical insurgent weapons (rifles, mg, mostly): http://www.military.com/NewContent/0,13190,Defensewatch_062405_Quigley,00.html

This helped me get an idea on this. I guess I'm confused about the abbreviations.

In the Force Selection screens all the units begin with something, whether it be USMC (I think that means USMC) or C (no idea). That's something I'm stuck on atm.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> Forces Assistance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI