Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie needs help with SPWAW problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Newbie needs help with SPWAW problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie needs help with SPWAW problem - 6/26/2002 2:06:43 PM   
Iron Monkey BoB

I need some help with a few large issues with the game. I run on an AMD Athlon 700 running Windows Nt Millenium with Ram up to my ears and Gigs to spare. I downloaded the Game and got it to install (Strange, It would install but not unzip.) and set-up and all. But, whenever I open it up, even off of Mech.exe the actual game black screens and locks up my computer.

No coming back, just a blank black screen. I can watch the intro movie and credits, but the game just blanks. I looked all around the forum for help and tried numerous things, like the above mentioned Mech.exe thing. I'm baffled at it.

Any help would be very very appreciated seeing as how i am dying to try this game.

Thanks
Post #: 1
- 6/26/2002 10:25:45 PM   
rbrunsman

Do you have a sound card? My brother's machine did the same thing and he didn't have a sound card. Gmenfan would know better than I, but I think he has said a sound card is critical.

(in reply to Iron Monkey BoB)
Post #: 2
- 6/26/2002 11:43:19 PM   
Supervisor

From work, This is true a sound card is required or the game will not run. As for you operating system which is it NT or Millenium? Please give as much info as possible to included DirectX version and then I will walk through ever fix I can possibly come up with.

Post #: 3
- 6/27/2002 1:05:49 AM   
Iron Monkey BoB

I have a Sound Blaster Live sound card. The Windows is Millenium. I have Direct X 8.0. The machine is a no brand machine that was put together by me.

This really is baffling me. Any other info you have, just ask.

Thanks
Bob

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Newbie needs help with SPWAW problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI