Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Manual Arrived but........

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Manual Arrived but........ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manual Arrived but........ - 8/11/2009 8:17:13 AM   
goodwoodrw

G'day all, my game has arrived here in the back waters of Gippsland Oz. Happy about that, just 10 day from despatch date pretty good. Now the not so good side, two points, one the package arrived with both ends open, the packaging was poor in general. The manual a little damaged on the corners. It would be easy to blame Customs for the open package, but I'm sure that there is no need for them to open both ends for inspection. I have had packages opened by Customs before and they usually stick them back up again. The package in general was poorly wrapped and sizable holes at either end that has left the manual exposed to the elements. No sticky tape at the ends of package to secure contents, most disappointing.

The manual looks good, but slightly disappointed with the size, I have no trouble with the text, but even with my glasses I have trouble reading the print in most of the illustrations. A lot of 50 plus year olds buying this game and manual and in my opinion the manual type should be a few points larger, so it can be read with enjoyment. Any lengthy reading sessions is going leave me blurry eyed. I have bought many Matrix games and this is my first physical shipment and probably my last. I'm not sure if its worth the extra $A26.

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 1
RE: Manual Arrived but........ - 8/11/2009 8:54:43 AM   
Dawy

I'm from Melbourne and mine arrived today also (eight days)...yeah my manual was also creased in one corner. I agree the packaging could of been better, but at least its arrived. 

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 2
RE: Manual Arrived but........ - 8/11/2009 11:21:07 AM   
Reg

Ditto in all respects. The international shipping agents must have had a whale of a time tossing all our boxes around!!!

I even got a bonus invoice in with my package. The game is obviously selling well in Sweden but I really don't need to know to who......

All in all, these are just minor issues & I'm just glad it's here.....

Hey BASB, glad to see I'm not the only one out this way.. (We obviously have the same mail service!! )

< Message edited by Reg -- 8/11/2009 11:27:54 AM >

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Dawy)
Post #: 3
RE: Manual Arrived but........ - 8/11/2009 11:48:19 AM   
goodwoodrw

Hey Reg are you a LV resident too?
Ron

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 4
RE: Manual Arrived but........ - 8/11/2009 12:49:25 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hey guys, it would actually be helpful to me if you could take a photo of your packaging as it arrived and e-mail it to me at erikr@matrixgames.com. I'll talk to the warehouse about being more careful with that, but evidence of what they did wrong always helps.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 5
RE: Manual Arrived but........ - 8/11/2009 11:33:32 PM   
Reg

Done Erik, please check your e-mail.

I'm not fussed as everything arrived safely, it was all intact and the manual is going to get a lot more abuse when I use it but I do think things have to be adequately prepared for the long trip down under.

You're doing a fantastic job with the customer service and we are lucky you are making such an effort.

Thanks for your time,

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Manual Arrived but........ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI