Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions - 11/29/2000 7:11:00 AM   
Don Doom

Hi Fellow SPWAW addict's. I have searched pass post for how to set destroyed equipment. I have tryed everything including right/left click when placing units. I have tried the search engine with out any good results. [i quess I did not word it good enough]. Now for the ICON,and MAP God's, a question: Is there a way or forth coming the ability to create/place a large fort/fortress that is anywhere between 10 - 40 hexes wide. Also is there a way to make a map that is less or more that 100 x XXX. ie 50 x 120 or 120 x 100? Thanks again for your patience and very good help. Don

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining
Post #: 1
- 11/29/2000 7:35:00 AM   
Drake

quote:

Originally posted by Don Doom: Hi Fellow SPWAW addict's. I have searched pass post for how to set destroyed equipment. I have tryed everything including right/left click when placing units. I have tried the search engine with out any good results. [i quess I did not word it good enough]. Now for the ICON,and MAP God's, a question: Is there a way or forth coming the ability to create/place a large fort/fortress that is anywhere between 10 - 40 hexes wide. Also is there a way to make a map that is less or more that 100 x XXX. ie 50 x 120 or 120 x 100? Thanks again for your patience and very good help. Don [IMG]
1. You set destroyed equipment by useing the U key in the editor at the deploy screen. I dont see them adding anything like a large fort, I would not mind if they did do. Myself I would like to see a number of things added like singel hex Oil Tanks. As for map size, useing Freds map editor you can make any size map that is within the limits of the larges map we can do now.

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 2
- 11/29/2000 7:40:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Don Doom: Hi Fellow SPWAW addict's. I have searched pass post for how to set destroyed equipment. I have tryed everything including right/left click when placing units. I have tried the search engine with out any good results. [i quess I did not word it good enough]. Now for the ICON,and MAP God's, a question: Is there a way or forth coming the ability to create/place a large fort/fortress that is anywhere between 10 - 40 hexes wide. Also is there a way to make a map that is less or more that 100 x XXX. ie 50 x 120 or 120 x 100? Thanks again for your patience and very good help. Don
As far as destroyed units goes, I thought the procedure was assign them to the A0 then hit the U key. Is that not right? I've never tested it. I don't think you would want to see a single building 40 hexes wide, its bad enough with cities that size with roads running through them. Even Eban Emal was only 10x13 if I remember how I mapped it for a test scenario What I couldn't figure out was how to represent the underground troops at Eban Emal. I was able to reduce their fire from the turrets with lowered exp and smaller crew size, had the AA gun that came back in action come in as a reinforcement, but the underground has me stumped, and of course the retractable turrets arn't there either. Since the glider borne troops did nothing much more than spike the guns by shoving explosives down the barrels, and flamethrower any turret that shot back, there was still a much larger force underground that could have sallied forth and attacked, but they didn't and so Eban Emal was just silenced by the paras, it wasn't actually captured until the paras were relieved by conventional troops the next day. thanks, John.

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 3
- 11/29/2000 9:00:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Okay, let's address these. They really already have quite thoroughly. Units now don't need to be assigned to the A0 unit to be destroyed. Remember, their points count against the side they belong to in the final score. Make allowances for that. As to maps. Chlanda's editor does the job. If you want some already done ones, go to the map depot in the SPWAW Game Depot. Go to bottom of list and you'll see about 8-10 maps already made smaller for you to download. They are plain maps. As for those underground troops, John, what would have been very cool would be to have them appear as reinforcements, but with a percentage of appearance. By that I mean you could have Belgian troops appear on top of the fort on a given turn but say a40% chance on turn5 and increasing by 10-20% thereafter. If the German secured all the hexes before they appeared, the battle would end immediately. I'd like that! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI