Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need feedback-Will UV run on Celeron 333

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Need feedback-Will UV run on Celeron 333 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need feedback-Will UV run on Celeron 333 - 6/12/2002 11:58:43 AM   
Dick Bong

I have a Celeron 333, 96MB ram,
Matrox Mellinium II video card, MonsterII 3D card, Soundblaster AWE32 and am running W98SE.

My next upgrade is a complete new system, which I cannot afford for at least another year.

I want this game, and am willing to turn off fancy animation and such, and can live with a little slowness, but I don't want it to crash and burn every 4 mouse clicks.

I would like to hear from you that are running the game on a older system.

Dick Bong
Terror of the NG skies
Post #: 1
Re: Need feedback-Will UV run on Celeron 333 - 6/12/2002 12:08:27 PM   
Reiryc

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dick Bong
[B]I have a Celeron 333, 96MB ram,
Matrox Mellinium II video card, MonsterII 3D card, Soundblaster AWE32 and am running W98SE.

My next upgrade is a complete new system, which I cannot afford for at least another year.

I want this game, and am willing to turn off fancy animation and such, and can live with a little slowness, but I don't want it to crash and burn every 4 mouse clicks.

I would like to hear from you that are running the game on a older system. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well the requirements on the box say a p2 400....

Im guessing you could run the game, but it will probably be pretty slow at times. Well worth it though...

If I were in your shoes, I'd buy the game, it's that good and worth the risk :)

Reiryc

(in reply to Dick Bong)
Post #: 2
- 6/12/2002 12:30:49 PM   
Joel Billings

I know that people have reported playing it on as low as a 200. I can run it on my 200 with 128 Meg but it would be slower than I would want to play it (I play it on a 550 and you can never go back). I think you would be ok with a 333, although with only 96 Meg that might combine to make it too slow for your tastes. I don't think you would have much problem entering orders, but the execution phase would take a little longer (of course you can turn off the animations to speed things up some). Hopefully someone with a similar system will respond, but if not, I would give it a try if you are willing to deal with a little slowness (it shouldn't crash just from the slowness).

(in reply to Dick Bong)
Post #: 3
- 6/12/2002 2:19:51 PM   
dgaad

Dick : Upgrade, dude.

Last time I checked, the forums were messed up. ;)

(in reply to Dick Bong)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Need feedback-Will UV run on Celeron 333 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI