Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Installer program woes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Matrix Installer program woes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Installer program woes - 8/22/2009 9:45:41 AM   
Greyhunterlp

I've brought a few Matrix Games recently, and I seem to always run into the same problem, trying to get the installer to work on my machine, after a two hour battle to get the download for WitP:AE to work, and hour trying to get the CD version of Grown of glory to install without problems, I Succeeded.

Now I have brought Close combat 5 - the Longest day, and have been trying to install it for the last three hours, but try what I may, I can't get the installer to run.

I'm running Vista 32 bit ultimate, and have tried setting the compatibility mode to Windows XP, and tried running as Admin, but the best i can get is the admin confirm message popping up an age after I double clicked on it. (I just got two now writing this, but before that I left my computer on and went to vacuum the house top to bottom.) but I never see the install program itself.

Any ideas? Its become a battle of man vs machine now, and I'm not going to let a bunch of wires and programs that I paid for beat me! They owe me! Not the other way around!.
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Installer program woes - 8/22/2009 12:24:08 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hm, that sounds like maybe a third party program is interfering. Are you turning off any anti-virus/security programs before installing? In Vista, you definitely do want to be logged in as an Administrator and I suppose right clicking on the installer and running as Administrator also couldn't hurt.

The installers work fine for us on our Vista test systems, so something unusual is going on here.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Greyhunterlp)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Installer program woes - 8/22/2009 4:46:01 PM   
Greyhunterlp

I finally managed to get an install through, I turned off everything I could without affecting the system, but in the end, it seemed to be wait twenty minutes until one of them went through. I'm always admin and set the program up to run as such.

Must be something odd with my system.  Just wondering if I was doing something wrong.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Installer program woes - 8/22/2009 4:52:52 PM   
junk2drive

I had a similar situation with another company's game where it seems that the whole CD had to be read before the installer would popup on screen. You could see the CD drive light flicker forever like a bad disc but it worked fine if you had the patience. (I don't lol)

(in reply to Greyhunterlp)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Matrix Installer program woes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI