Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Alternate World War II - USA vs CSA

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Opponents Wanted >> Alternate World War II - USA vs CSA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Alternate World War II - USA vs CSA - 9/29/2009 2:05:48 AM   
smiley69

Looking for an opponent in an Alternate WWII scenario pitting the USA vs the CSA. First scenario, called "A Second Civil War" begins with the invasion of CS forces across the Ohio River into the USA. Date, 1946.

The scenario is in the final leg of playtesting - so just needs to be polished just a bit. It would also be great if my opponent would be interested in participating in an AAR.

Thanks!!!

Details as follows:

Independance Day Invasion.

Date: July 4th, 1946
Time Scale: Full Day turns
Map Scale: 2.5 Km per hex
Unit Scale: Various - Army through Regiment
First Turn: CSA
Scenario Length: 35 turns

Background:

In 1861 the Confederate States of America was born when 13 states seceded from the Union. The Civil War ended with the South victorious with the signing of the Christmas Armistice at Dunker Church, MD on January 2nd, 1863.

Tensions through the years have increased....

The summer of 1944 finds the all the world in the iron grasp of war. Germany, having crushed the British after the Sea Lion invasion of 1941, finds itself in possession of Western Europe and North Africa. The Soviets surprised the Nazis with an unprovoked attack in the winter of 1942, but were now realing under the German juggernaught. In the Far East, Japan, China and the Soviet Union are locked in combat across the forested wilderness of Eastern Asia. British leadership in Canadian exile promise to fight on until "the last man takes the last breath of freedom."

The North American continent, protected from conflict for hundreds of years, begins to smolder in the inferno of World War. The CSA, having fought on the side of the Central Powers in the Great War, finds an ally in Germany. Strong words of border expansion and "absorbing" disputed waterways of the Ohio and Mississippi rivers fill the halls of the Confederate government in Atlanta. The CSA begins to flex it's military muscle, as convoys of what Hitler terms as "leased" equipment run the gaunlet of Canadian submarines in the Atlantic to adding state of the art Panther tanks to the CSA army. Border clashes become common as tensions rise.

To the north, president Roosevelt cautions his neighbors to the south to reduce military aggression close to the borders or "face the reality of defeat by the hands of democracy!". The Canadians and remnants of the British and French to the north begin sending surplus arms and men to assist in the US military buildup.

Borders between the North and the South have been heavily defended since the end of the Civil War. Large, heavily dug in and defended forts line both sides, with garrisoned troops on standby for repelling border incidents. The main waterways of the Mississippi and Ohio remain neutral, although neither side uses them for transport other than inside protected borders. The borders of the Ohio and Mississippi rivers become an armed camp as both forces prepare for the inevitable.

"When the situation is obscure, attack!"

Heinz Guderian
Post #: 1
RE: Alternate World War II - USA vs CSA - 9/30/2009 9:17:59 PM   
cesteman

I'll help if i can. Let me know if you need more play testers! Thanks.

(in reply to smiley69)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Opponents Wanted >> Alternate World War II - USA vs CSA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI