Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI Aggressiveness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> AI Aggressiveness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI Aggressiveness - 9/10/2009 6:20:29 PM   
swatter555

Started a 1792 campaign as France and the entire contenent seems to fight all of the time. Not to mention as France, not acting aggresively at all, I have been declared war on 10 times in two years. Anyone else think the AI goes overboard?
Post #: 1
RE: AI Aggressiveness - 9/10/2009 7:59:58 PM   
Marshal Villars

swatter--join a PBEM game. That's where it's at. No AI will ever be perfect. Even in $40 Million games.

(in reply to swatter555)
Post #: 2
RE: AI Aggressiveness - 9/11/2009 6:59:24 AM   
swatter555

Fair enough, but I like the tactical battles too much.

(in reply to Marshal Villars)
Post #: 3
RE: AI Aggressiveness - 9/11/2009 9:04:11 AM   
ratters72

Gotta agree with Swatter; the tactical battles are the clincher. But I will try PBEM one day.

On the AI though, it seems to gang up on who it deems to be the biggest threat.  It's the tall poppy syndrome like we have in Australia. But then I've only had the game a couple of weeks though, so what do I know? 

I've been playing with Prussia and are 14years into a 23 year campaign and i've just got the 'whole of europe is alarmed with the rise of Prussia' and France has just cancelled our alliance(which I maintained from the start).  Their army is massive.  Shoud i be worried?

PS-thank god it's the weekend

(in reply to swatter555)
Post #: 4
RE: AI Aggressiveness - 9/11/2009 1:26:03 PM   
twitter

I would be somewhat worried.  I'm playing as Poland and I have maintained a pretty self sufficient game so far.  I won the game and decided to keep playing - within two turns Turkey persuaded Austria and France to join an alliance and attack me.  Now the interesting part is that I managed to get Spain's help (they are holding France off for me) leaving me to deal with Austria - here is the kicker - Turkey has not moved one single man since they started the whole war.  They are leaving Austria and France to do their fighting for them.  If I come out of this Turkey is on my hit list.

(in reply to ratters72)
Post #: 5
RE: AI Aggressiveness - 9/14/2009 6:04:50 AM   
swatter555

Well, I have played it a bit further now and I have to say my initial impressions are very correct. The AI is war happy, and not just on me. The great powers have no problem beating on puny nations too. I find my only respite it kicking the crap out of the AI and doing an enforced peace. Even then, it is hard to beat the crap out of every power at the same time.

The thing is, I haven't been aggressive as France at all. I like how the AI does a great job on ganging up on enemies, but the pendulum has swung to far to one side.

(in reply to twitter)
Post #: 6
RE: AI Aggressiveness - 9/15/2009 12:03:12 AM   
Anthropoid

In my SP game that I've been picking at periodically over the months, I am playing Russia. Early on, when you have not whupped too much butt, the AI will pick fights with you. But if you build up substantial strength, they seem to get very pacifistic if not cowardly.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to swatter555)
Post #: 7
RE: AI Aggressiveness - 9/16/2009 4:08:32 AM   
swatter555

Interesting observation.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> AI Aggressiveness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI