Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

map editor?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> map editor? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
map editor? - 6/15/2002 8:52:17 PM   
Belisarius

Uhmm... a note from the Stupid Questions dept:

Shouldn't it be possible to view custom made maps in the Map Editor? So far, I haven't found a way to do it? :o

Got StuG?
Post #: 1
- 6/16/2002 12:18:48 AM   
DerC

In the editor screen, click on the 'Load' button in the map-section. Then choose the custom made map you want from the list and continue. When you now press the 'Edit' button, the map should show up in the editor. I hope this is what you meant :)

If you're ever having an argument with an idiot make sure he isn't.

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 2
- 6/16/2002 12:31:59 AM   
Belisarius

I must be daft....

I load the map, and the screen turns all blue. :confused: No map, no "edit" button??

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 3
- 6/17/2002 8:35:00 PM   
Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Belisarius
[B]I must be daft....

I load the map, and the screen turns all blue. :confused: No map, no "edit" button?? [/B][/QUOTE]

The custom map must first be loaded in the Maps folder (as I'm sure you knew), in an empty slot. If you're not getting an Edit button after loading, something is wrong. Are you using the game Editor just above the Preferences button on the game menu "Solitaire" page? Check the map folder to see if all the files are there for the particular map: there should be at least three files - .cmt, .rec & .dat, and sometimes a .txt also. If you get a blank screen after doing Load and hitting Edit in the Editor, look to the little screen at the bottom right, you may just be off the map and need to move onto it. At the very worst, if you try to load an empty slot, you should get a plain green "map." BTW, do NOT use the Custom buttom before loading the map, and don't load any scenario. Just open the Editor and then the map Load button on the left.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 4
- 6/17/2002 9:55:13 PM   
Resisti

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression he's talking about Fred Chlanda WAWMAP..
Then, the blue screen is ok.
After you loaded your map, you have to go to "files" menu, then click on "set shp directory" and look for the "shp" folder within your Spwaw main folder.Once there, click on the first "iconxxx.shp" file you encounter (no matter which one).
Then come back to the main (blu) screen of WAWMap editor, and start moving around with the scroll bars: slowly you map will start appearing.
All this, cause the program must be "informed" where he has to get the terrain tiles from, which it will use to visualize your map.

Hope it's clear enough :)

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 5
- 6/17/2002 10:50:09 PM   
Belisarius

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Resisti
[B]Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression he's talking about Fred Chlanda WAWMAP..
After you loaded your map, you have to go to "files" menu, then click on "set shp directory" and look for the "shp" folder within your Spwaw main folder.Once there, click on the first "iconxxx.shp" file you encounter (no matter which one).
Then come back to the main (blu) screen of WAWMap editor, and start moving around with the scroll bars: slowly you map will start appearing.
All this, cause the program must be "informed" where he has to get the terrain tiles from, which it will use to visualize your map.

Hope it's clear enough :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Quite right, Resisti!

That did the trick! thanks! :D

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 6
- 6/18/2002 10:17:06 PM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Resisti
[B]Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression he's talking about Fred Chlanda WAWMAP..

Hope it's clear enough :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks resisti, you got it straight to the point! :) I also was thinking of Freds WaW Map Editor while reading about the "blue screen". That was it!

________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> map editor? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI