Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for PBEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for PBEM - 10/12/2009 5:15:00 PM   
nemesszili

After a devastating defeat of mine vs. Eric, I've decided to retry PBEMing. Anyone interested?

P.S. Remember, that I'm still a noob. So please, don't take me too seriously.

< Message edited by nemesszili -- 10/17/2009 7:30:47 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for PBEM - 10/17/2009 1:28:17 AM   
masterclaude

Hello Nemeszilli! I am masterclaude. Nothing to do with high knowledge of the game, I used to masterize music for a while! Actually, I have never played AWD by e-mail, only hot-seat and AI. Not long ago, I downloaded patch 1.040 amd AWD Deluxe 1.02 and I feel like giving a try. If you are interested , answer here and don't worry about skill matters. You probably will have to teach me a couple of things since I loose more often than not. I will be around until 17th afternoon then I leave for 3-4 days so you may have to wait for my answer cos I don't have a laptop. I enjoy very much AAR and read yours. You sure have what it takes to beat anyone but need more experience. So here's an ooportunity!
Hope to hear from you soon, thanks and enjoy your weekend because war is coming...

Masterclaude

(in reply to nemesszili)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for PBEM - 10/17/2009 7:37:54 AM   
nemesszili

Hi Masterclaude!

I'm so glad you've volunteered for PBEM! Global Glory, FOW, Advanced Supply etc., but you may choose other options if you wish. Volunteering for the Axis. (still have problem with playing with the Allies ).
My mail address: nemesszili@yahoo.com
Yours?
My name: Szili
Yours? (so communication would be much easier )

Have nice weekend! Hope to hear from you soon!

< Message edited by nemesszili -- 10/17/2009 7:49:25 AM >

(in reply to masterclaude)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for PBEM - 10/17/2009 3:58:22 PM   
Lebatron

Hi guys, since both of you are playing Deluxe lets see if we can get a 4 player going. All we need is one more. Nemesszili, I'm suggesting this because you wanted in on the other 4-player but all seats were filled. 

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to nemesszili)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for PBEM - 10/17/2009 5:19:13 PM   
nemesszili

Hi Lebatron, good idea, but I've never played a game with 4 players.... Of course, we may try, if Masterclaude will agree. Until then let us wait for the last player we need.

I'll edit the title of the topic for 4 players.

< Message edited by nemesszili -- 10/17/2009 5:22:56 PM >

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking for PBEM - 10/17/2009 6:43:50 PM   
masterclaude

Hello every one! Here is masterclaude! Sir Szili, I am ready to play with any of your starting conditions. In fact, I'd rather have the Allies since Axis powers have the initiave and you are more experienced than I am with this game. As you said somewhere above don't take me too seriously either. Unfortunatly, I am a bit short in time today- I'm leaving until wednesday like almost every week- so we better start the game when I am back although you can do your turn but don't expect a reply before then! As far as I plan it, I can play marathon session for 3 straight days per week but not the other 4 days. I'm not sure how long it would take to finish a 2 players game but I'm sure - taking into account my amateurism as well- playing a 4 players game may not be the best way to go, now. So, I decline Sir Lebatron's invitation for now. I guess the best thing for all of us would be Sir Szili and I having a mirror game to get some practice with pbem and the new scenario Deluxe and, probably next month jumping into a 4 players game where no one would be penalized by delay, mistakes, or technical problems one may encounters when starting pbem with a new game, scenario or patch. So, Sir Szili, it's up to you here's my e-mail address: desmarais_claude@videotron.ca You can call me Claude! Choose the set up as you see fit and simply send your turn with the details. My new Deluxe 1.O2 instalment seems to work but I noticed some sprite peculiarities, nothing big though. If you prefer Glory, go for it but I think Deluxe deserves a go as soon as possible!

By the way, Sir Lebatron, my congratulation for your work on that one and many others aspects of the game. If everything goes well, we will start a 4 players within few weeks and I will be happy to bit the dust as long as I can play! Best regards!

Masterclaude

Masterclaude

(in reply to nemesszili)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking for PBEM - 10/17/2009 7:29:36 PM   
nemesszili

Hi Claude!

I accept your requirements. Sorry, Lebatron, maybe after I'll finish this PBEM, we might try a 4 player game. Until then, I might just hope, that I'll win .
One more thing: please update AWD to 1.04, so our versions could be the same (I've already updated to 1.04).
If you agree, I'll start an AAR about this.
Turn will be sent as required.

And good luck, Claude!

Post #: 7
RE: Looking for PBEM - 10/17/2009 11:44:41 PM   
Lebatron

I think you may be confused about the 1.04 patch and Deluxe's version number. Deluxe is based on the 1.04 patch as it says in the readme at the very top. I put that there because I anticipated some confusion on this.

When you guys are ready for some 4 player fun just let me know. Have fun!

Oh never mind. On rereading it appears you were in fact telling your opponent to update to 1.04 if he hasn't already.

< Message edited by Lebatron -- 10/17/2009 11:46:14 PM >

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to nemesszili)
Post #: 8
RE: Looking for PBEM - 10/18/2009 7:15:45 AM   
nemesszili

First, I just let you know, that both Deluxe and 1.04 are on my PC. They both work fine, and Deluxe has a real nice map.  I've been watching your AAR with Marshall Art on Deluxe, and it looks a great mod.

And yes, last time I've confused the two versions: Deluxe and 1.04...

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 9
RE: Looking for PBEM - 10/22/2009 1:02:36 AM   
masterclaude

Hey! Hello Szili! Got my message at your E-mail address? I'm around for the next hours and then absolutly free for the next 2 days! Go ahead gimme some news or send your turn? Looking forward the bullits on 1.04 with deluxe 1.02
masterclaude

Masterclaude

(in reply to nemesszili)
Post #: 10
RE: Looking for PBEM - 10/22/2009 4:41:41 PM   
nemesszili

Hi Claude!

Turn done and sent by e-mail. Started in GG 1.040.
Good luck and have fun!
Should I start an AAR?

Szili

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for PBEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI