Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Error in PBEM replay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support >> Error in PBEM replay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error in PBEM replay - 8/25/2009 10:51:41 AM   
cillmhor

Myself and another player both have the Matrix version of the BG games, and we have been trying to PBEM a Nappy scenario. However, each time we try to, I get a replay error where the first file I get replays the first couple of moves before reporting an error and reverting to remote control.

When I send the first file, my opponent can open it and make his first move, but then when I try to play the replay the above happens. This has happened with two separate scenarios. And I sent the file to another player who had the same problem when trying to open the replay, so it's not just my PC.

If we both have the Matrix bundle, what is the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alasdair
Post #: 1
RE: Error in PBEM replay - 10/26/2009 9:25:49 PM   
ParJ

Hi,

I have played a few PBEM (not sure if they're against Matrix opponents) and have had no problems like the ones you describe. But I have had problems playing the AI when de-selecting the "Video Effects" option. I would try to toggle this and maybe the "Blink Hotspot" option. I've played in "2D Normal View", maybe try that setting?

There's definitely some bugs in the Matrix .01 version, but I doubt that anyone will fix them. One huge bug is the game manual that has not been updated to reflect the game. There are many incorrect statements about fire factors and modifiers in melee.

Are you zipping the .bte-file when e-mailing it? Could the attached file have been corrupted in e-mail transfer? Have you tried it within a single PC (PBEM yourself)?

Oto

(in reply to cillmhor)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support >> Error in PBEM replay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI