Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Three-hander PBEM:-Is it possible?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Opponents Wanted >> Three-hander PBEM:-Is it possible? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Three-hander PBEM:-Is it possible? - 8/18/2009 9:25:27 PM   
Tomokatu

Is it possible to set up a 3-player ame for pbem? One Allied, One Axis, One Comintern, of course.

How do the file exchange mechanisms work in that case?

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
Post #: 1
RE: Three-hander PBEM:-Is it possible? - 8/19/2009 12:43:44 AM   
cpdeyoung

Yes, and it is a fun way to play. You are told who to pass the saved (zipped) folder to, as in "Send the folder to the Player who controls Italy". If the Allies and Axis players control neutrals it can be a bit of sending about. Still it one of the better games, and even gives a chance for a little backstabbing.

Chuck

(in reply to Tomokatu)
Post #: 2
RE: Three-hander PBEM:-Is it possible? - 8/19/2009 2:25:05 PM   
Michael the Pole

ABSOLUTELY!
Among the BETA testing team we had started a 4 player game (called 4play)and ran it (very successfully) for a couple of turns before I left for the untamed wilds of West Virginia and lost my internet access. It was a blast! I'm hoping to resume, or more likely restart with the same crew of very advanced players, buit the consensus seems to be that we will wait for the patch before we begin.
I'd think that a 6 player game would not only be workable, but would be really awesome (Germany, Italy/Axis Minor Powers, UK, France/Poland, United States/Allied Minor Powers, USSR.)

"One scoundrel is a disgrace, two is a law-firm, and three or more is a Congress." B. Franklin

Mike

A tribute to my heroes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRU2tlE5m8

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 3
RE: Three-hander PBEM:-Is it possible? - 8/19/2009 10:37:31 PM   
Tomokatu

Oooohhh!! Much dancing up and down on the spot!!
I'm very willing.
Just downloaded and installed Hotfix 1.05A and the graphics mods for cities and counters (thanks to the dedicated modders) yesterday and I think back to the days of playing a face-to-face three hander of Rise and Decline (of the 3rd Reich) - which just may have been better than the one-afternoon quickie of a seven or eight hander of Kingmaker (loooong before computers!)

Hmmmmmm..... Better dust off the ol' cloak & daggers.  (Whispers) MANY daggers!

(in reply to Michael the Pole)
Post #: 4
RE: Three-hander PBEM:-Is it possible? - 9/3/2009 1:59:34 AM   
Tomokatu

Typically, in a multi-player game, what house rules are set and is there a "best" technique of pre-game negotiating? This may have been easy for the multi-face-to-face players but how's it done by email/PM?  Is there for example, a "standard" list of variables which need to be decided before play starts?

I'm thinking negotiation of the use of F11 (especially) for a human player to take control of a new-entry alliance member and/or for rail transfer of PPs. 

In the initial setup, if two (or more) players want to play a certain faction, is there a website application or other neutral equivalent of rock-scissors-paper to decide that disagreement?
Face-to-face, the player who first pulls a gun unsually wins his (or her) choice of faction.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

(in reply to Tomokatu)
Post #: 5
RE: Three-hander PBEM:-Is it possible? - 9/14/2009 7:19:25 PM   
AH4Ever

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael the Pole

ABSOLUTELY!
Among the BETA testing team we had started a 4 player game (called 4play)and ran it (very successfully) for a couple of turns before I left for the untamed wilds of West Virginia and lost my internet access. It was a blast! I'm hoping to resume, or more likely restart with the same crew of very advanced players, buit the consensus seems to be that we will wait for the patch before we begin.
I'd think that a 6 player game would not only be workable, but would be really awesome (Germany, Italy/Axis Minor Powers, UK, France/Poland, United States/Allied Minor Powers, USSR.)

Even though it has been a while and I am new to the game, I would consider it a huge honor to participate in your Multi-player PBEM game anytime after the Patch becomes available or in the future.

JJMC

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

You weren't there Thursday... You MISSED it!

(in reply to Michael the Pole)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Opponents Wanted >> Three-hander PBEM:-Is it possible? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI