Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do i...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> How do i... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do i... - 6/27/2002 12:44:12 AM   
Knife

Entrench a unit?

Send in strike aircraft?

Use papratroopers?

Use a flamethrowing tank EFFECTIVELY!!

And when he gets to heaven
To St. Peter he will tell
One more soldier reporting Sir
I've served my time in hell
Post #: 1
Re: How do i... - 6/27/2002 1:25:40 AM   
rbrunsman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Knife
[B]Entrench a unit?[/B] I believe units can only be entrenched in the deploy phase. You just click the entrench button on the right side of your screen. Keep in mind, this option is not available in all types of battles (e.g. in defense and delay situations only, IIRC). In the middle of a game, AFAIK, a unit that is unsuppressed and not moving may go to "in cover" status. That is an experience check issue and not something you can do by giving orders.

[B]Send in strike aircraft?[/B] Airstrikes are ordered just like you order artillery strikes. They can be called anytime that they are "in contact."

[B]Use papratroopers?[/B] To begin with, you have to buy transport aircraft in the purchase phase. (Pay attention to load capacity. It's not a one to one relationship.) Then in the deploy phase, you load airborne units into the airplanes. Then you click the icon with the parachute on the right. Then you tell the airplanes where you want it to drop your units.

[B]Use a flamethrowing tank EFFECTIVELY!! [/B] Other than the short range of FT units, I don't understand what you mean. You certainly wouldn't want them as the vanguard of your advance. They should be introduced to your opponents units when they are not likely to get an opp fire shot at your FTs.[/QUOTE]

These are my suggestions and certainly not those of an expert. Others may have better explainations or interpretations of your questions. I just thought I'd give you an answer because no one else had done so yet.

(in reply to Knife)
Post #: 2
- 6/27/2002 2:10:01 AM   
Warrior

Read the manual.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Knife)
Post #: 3
- 6/27/2002 4:18:08 AM   
Supervisor

Another way to entrench a unit is to put it in a defend status for several turns and eventially you'll see sand bags surround your unit. This is not as a deployment entrenchment but it is very good when the shooting starts.

(in reply to Knife)
Post #: 4
- 6/27/2002 4:27:09 AM   
rbrunsman

Does switching to Defend status help even if you play with C&C off? I thought it only worked with C&C on. I don't know where I got that notion, so if I'm wrong I'll be sure to use it more often.

(in reply to Knife)
Post #: 5
- 6/27/2002 5:30:36 AM   
Supervisor

Its actually more forgiving if C&C is off, it gives a better defensive status without losing any movement points to do so. After about 3 turns your guys are burried in it for the long haul making it very tough to hit.

(in reply to Knife)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> How do i... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI