Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

IJN transporting of fuel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> IJN transporting of fuel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IJN transporting of fuel - 12/29/2009 9:36:38 PM   
Miller

Is it just me, or is it impossible for the Japs to haul anywhere near all the fuel that is produced by the SRA back to the home Islands?

I have every single TK and AO busy and yet I have had to turn off the production in Palembang due to spoilage, and this is before the US subs get decent topedoes!

Or am I missing something?
Post #: 1
RE: IJN transporting of fuel - 12/29/2009 9:42:18 PM   
stldiver

There is sufficient its just how you prioritize them.

Use short hauler TK's to move to Singapore, then load big TK's from Singapore. I have not used Ak's except once on a return home with nothing to carry.

This loads big Tk's quick and moves them out.

I actually have Tk's waiting for the fuel to increase at some of the ports. But my priority is Fuel first, Oil second. Since Oil does not spoil and when Tk's show up and fuel is not sufficient then they pull oil.

Current game is late August 42.

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 2
RE: IJN transporting of fuel - 12/30/2009 4:30:43 AM   
Mynok

There is so much excess refinery capacity in the HI I don't understand why anyone would transport fuel there. Take excess oil.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to stldiver)
Post #: 3
RE: IJN transporting of fuel - 12/30/2009 4:52:12 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok
There is so much excess refinery capacity in the HI I don't understand why anyone would transport fuel there. Take excess oil.

Mynok, sure you are right about that ? I have a shortfall of 4265 fuel/turn (or 473 Ref Capacity). You are right that Oil is in shortage too, by aboout 7600 / day, but there is a years supply.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4
RE: IJN transporting of fuel - 1/5/2010 9:20:38 PM   
Mike Solli

There excess oil production in the SRA and excess refinery capacity in Honshu.  The choice is to either expand refineries in the SRA (costing mucho supply) or ship the oil to Honshu.  That excess oil in Honshu will eventually evaporate.

Edit: evaporate = be used up. There is no spoilage of oil.

< Message edited by Mike Solli -- 1/5/2010 9:21:08 PM >

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 5
RE: IJN transporting of fuel - 1/5/2010 10:17:16 PM   
Footslogger

Mike has your strategy changed much since AE came out? I mean what should I do with all of the info I printed out for WitP?

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 6
RE: IJN transporting of fuel - 1/5/2010 11:21:59 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Footslogger

Mike has your strategy changed much since AE came out? I mean what should I do with all of the info I printed out for WitP?

Turn it over and print out all the info you can find for AE.

(in reply to Footslogger)
Post #: 7
RE: IJN transporting of fuel - 1/6/2010 2:00:26 AM   
hellraiser6502

I've been using AK's in pretty large convoys to shuttle back & forth between Palembang and the HI.....each gets about 50-70K in fuel per load. Sure there is some spoilage/wastage but it's better than all of it sitting there in Palembang waiting for the AO's & TK's that are totally inadequate (in number) for the job. It works for me and Palmebang will just keep cranking out the fuel whatever the wastage is.

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 8
RE: IJN transporting of fuel - 1/6/2010 3:50:49 AM   
Q-Ball

I think the answer to Miller's question depends entirely on how much fuel you are burning up in the bunkers of the IJN.

If the IJN is realtively inactive, if you are not invading distant shores with many ships, you probably have enough tanker capacity to haul all the fuel to home

If you are using tankers to haul fuel to Truk instead of home, you're probably behind.

Each ton of fuel burned up in the bunkers of an IJN BB is a ton of fuel NOT sent home. That's part of the calculation now for the Japanese player.

(in reply to hellraiser6502)
Post #: 9
RE: IJN transporting of fuel - 1/6/2010 4:01:32 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

I think the answer to Miller's question depends entirely on how much fuel you are burning up in the bunkers of the IJN.

If the IJN is relatively inactive, if you are not invading distant shores with many ships, you probably have enough tanker capacity to haul all the fuel to home

If you are using tankers to haul fuel to Truk instead of home, you're probably behind.

Each ton of fuel burned up in the bunkers of an IJN BB is a ton of fuel NOT sent home. That's part of the calculation now for the Japanese player.

QBall, I was wondering if you think it would be a good idea to Track ship fuel consumption and thereby make global calculations as to the total usage ...

Here you can see, just global (which accounts for that use too - guess I could just Total - Factory use and get the Ship use)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 10
RE: IJN transporting of fuel - 1/6/2010 1:21:33 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Footslogger

Turn it over and print out all the info you can find for AE.

I'd turn it over and use it to take turn notes for AE.

Seriously, I'm just learning just like everyone else. I'm only to 20 Dec in my AAR. So far, the invasion side is pretty similar, given the minor but very significant TF differences and all the nuances in ground combat. The general look to me is the same, but then there are the details, and we all know the devil is in the details.

One very shocking change for me was mid-ocean intercepts. Poor ole Ryujo.....

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> IJN transporting of fuel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI