Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Let's take this show on the road...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Let's take this show on the road... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Let's take this show on the road... - 6/13/2009 5:36:07 AM   
Gil R.

Now that the patch is out, it would be great if some of you who are into writing AAR's would do so in other forums as a way of spreading the word, either with different AAR's or simply mirroring what you post here. There's been relatively little discussion of the game at such sites as GameSquad, QuarterToThree, OctopusOverlords, GamersWithJobs, etc., so either an ongoing AAR or a short one like Anthropoid's over at the 1BC Civ site would be great (see link in other thread). One at CivFanatics would also be ideal, since I have to think that plenty of people who are into Civ would enjoy COG:EE, if only they knew about it.

If you do post an AAR elsewhere please place a link to it in this thread, so that the rest of us can check on how it's going. Thanks!

Post #: 1
RE: Let's take this show on the road... - 6/13/2009 10:20:46 PM   
Mus

One idea for an AAR I had was to have all the players in our new 109 PBEM game with RG's 1792 generals mod put their thoughts on the game turn by turn.

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 2
RE: Let's take this show on the road... - 6/16/2009 7:35:39 PM   
terje439

My pbem "Do you hear the people sing" is also mirrored at civfanatics.com

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 3
RE: Let's take this show on the road... - 6/26/2009 4:29:12 AM   
Gil R.

Looks great over there, though it's a shame they don't allow larger images. Those thumbnails are quite inconvenient.

If anyone else is posting an extra-Matrix AAR it would be a good idea to provide a link in this thread, so that it will be easier for the rest of us to find.

Thanks!

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 4
RE: Let's take this show on the road... - 7/3/2009 4:05:40 AM   
IronWarrior

Hey you guys are getting some buzz on the Total War forum! I can't take credit for it (I don't post on there) because I only lurk that forum for some laughs, but thought you might be interested to know.

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/59620/t/Best-Napoleonic-Game-I-ve-Ever-Played.html

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 5
RE: Let's take this show on the road... - 7/3/2009 8:54:38 AM   
Mus

I dont hang out at many forums.

Main thing is people who do ought to link to our PBEM 109 AARs.

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to IronWarrior)
Post #: 6
RE: Let's take this show on the road... - 7/4/2009 6:28:50 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronWarrior

Hey you guys are getting some buzz on the Total War forum! I can't take credit for it (I don't post on there) because I only lurk that forum for some laughs, but thought you might be interested to know.

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/59620/t/Best-Napoleonic-Game-I-ve-Ever-Played.html

Thanks for the link. It's great to see that word of COG:EE has filtered over there.

I have to say that even though the two games are generally aimed at two different types of gamers their similarities hasn't prompted a series of "which is better" debates, as happened with FOF and AGEOD's AACW. To my knowledge, the only substantial discussion was a brief one over at Wargamer in the days after the games were released: http://www.wargamer.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=338300
I guess that this reflects the overall decrease of interest in less glitzy turn-based games among those who run the various gaming sites, which is obviously a shame.

(in reply to IronWarrior)
Post #: 7
RE: Let's take this show on the road... - 7/14/2009 7:32:38 PM   
Gil R.

Great work on the AAR's. I've been skimming them -- sadly, no time to read carefully, or else my top-secret project will fall more behind schedule! -- and think they're all coming along very nicely.

Incidentally, if you want to see an insane AAR -- I'm using "insane" here in a positive way, just like the kids today say "bad" when they mean "good" -- go here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3005582 It's a "Forge of Freedom" AAR that because of the approach has swelled to 47 forum pages. Yikes!

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 8
RE: Let's take this show on the road... - 7/14/2009 7:58:52 PM   
terje439

Yea, read that one, a great AAR and a really cool idea.

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 9
RE: Let's take this show on the road... - 11/9/2009 6:37:50 PM   
Greyhunterlp

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3226132

It has started, I've decided to give EVEN MORE POWER to my forum members, and this will either be epic or fail horribly, but I'm all up for a challange.

we're still in the country selection phase, but I hope to have turn 1 up and running at the weekend.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 10
RE: Let's take this show on the road... - 12/17/2009 3:32:34 AM   
Gil R.

Grey Hunter,
Somehow I missed your post, but I just discovered the AAR on my own. I've only skimmed the first page so far, but it's looking good.

EDIT: I know how I missed the post: I was in Germany, and paying minimal attention to the forum at the time.

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 12/17/2009 3:33:09 AM >

(in reply to Greyhunterlp)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Let's take this show on the road... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI