Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

sPzAbt 506 camouflage scheme and markings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> sPzAbt 506 camouflage scheme and markings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sPzAbt 506 camouflage scheme and markings - 11/22/2000 9:15:00 PM   
Gallo Rojo

I was building a Tiger I 1/35 scale model form 507 sPzAbt when Wild Bill finishes “Watchword Freedom” campaign. So I have started the campaign. And I said to myself: now I want a 506 sPzAbt Tiger I! Fortunately my model is still in the building step. So I’m recollecting information for the painting step. I have some books about Tiger I, but I decide to post this topic to see if any of you could give me a hand. Here’re the facts: I have a 1/35 Tiger I middle type model (for those of you who build scale models, is the one form ACADEMY, this which have the full interior detailed). I also have the road wells for a late type. So if it were necessary I could built a late type. I like to paint it with the three tones scheme, but I didn’t found any picture in my books that shows a 506th Tiger with this scheme. Do any of you know if there was a Tiger from 506th which carries the three tones scheme? (I want my Tiger on the eastern front, so it have to be prior that the Abteilung had been sending to the west). If there wasn’t any I would paint it on dark yellow and red brown two colors scheme. I DON’T WANT to paint it with WINTER CAMOUFLAGE. I have the book “Tiger I on the Eastern Front” by Jean Restayn. There’re a Tiger photo on page 76, with some infantry wearing winter clothes, which seems to be painted on yellow and red brown and no winter add camouflage. On the next page (77) there are tree Tigers fording a river during the winter of 1943-44 (this is the exactly date of WB campaign!) which doesn’t seem to have the white winter added painting. But both photos are of course in black and white, so I can’t be sure. I also have read “TIGER In Action”, by Bruce Culver; and “Tigers in Combat II”, by Wolfgang Schneider, but they doesn’t help. I think that “Tigers in Combat I” have some info about the 506th sPzAbt, but I don’t have it. If one of you have it and could give it a look and tell me I will really appreciate. If one of you know about a web page with information about the topic please tell me. Last issue: I like to put a commander in the cupola. I have an SS tanker figure. Do you know on which color have I to paint the uniform? I was black or field green... I saw the photos, and they look black... (remember that this is not an SS Abt.). I posted a topic about this problem but the opinions were contradictories. The 1/35 figure that I have is from an SS officer, so I will have to eliminate the SS runes, but not the skull on the hat... I’m right? What about the pink edge? Thanks you all in advance

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end
Post #: 1
- 11/22/2000 10:14:00 PM   
skukko

Hope you find it : ) http://www.forces70.freeserve.co.uk/Waffen%20SS%20Text+Images/AFV%20CATAGORIES.htm

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 2
- 11/23/2000 12:06:00 AM   
MECH ENGINEER

I have a copy of THE TIGER TANKS from Osprey Vanguard, by Bryan Perrett. The only picture of a Tiger from sPzAbt. 506 was a Tiger II. The understanding throughout the book in regards to camoflage was this. The early Tigers, the early ones deployed near Leningrad 1/sPzAbt. 502, came from the factory with german panzer gray. I believe the spring of '43, german AFV's were issued from the factory a basic ochre(yellowish-light brown) color scheme. Also, issued with vehicle were tins of green and brown camouflage paste, which was diluted with gasoline. The crews applied(brush or spray) the green and brown to the vehicles. Red numbers with white outlines. I'm looking at a picture of Hauptman Walter Scherf of sPzAbt. 503. Black jacket, skulls on collars, badges on brest pockets, and the german eagle on the top of the cap. I don't believe there was any pink edge. It was probably red but faded through service and wear. If I had a scanner, I'd send you a picture.

"When do we get our flamethrowers, Top?"

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 3
- 11/23/2000 12:23:00 AM   
Drake

You might want to try this page. Panzer Cammo & Markings http://www.geocities.com/Baja/1654/

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 4
- 11/23/2000 12:28:00 AM   
Randy

Hi, I have Panzer Colors III, also by Bruce Culver. On page 68 there is a painting/pic of a Tiger I aufs E sPzAbt 506, in Russia, summer 44. The tank is painted the overall yellow, with the green drab sprayed on in a horizontal linear pattern, instead of in patches. If you can get the Tiger in Action (by Squadron/Signal #27)the painting is similar to the Tigers in Italy w/o the brown. I hope this helps Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 5
- 11/23/2000 7:37:00 PM   
Gallo Rojo

Thanks you all for the info! MECH ENGINEER This German Officer is not an SS Officer, right? Pink edge: may be as I’m not a native English speaker I couldn’t explain me correctly. SS jackets had a small piece of white cloth with a pink line in the middle. Randy: I have this book too. You have to have care with it: It has a lot of mistakes. I have read a web page in which Culver explains this mistakes. I don’t remember the web address. Thanks you all again !!

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 6
- 11/23/2000 9:44:00 PM   
MECH ENGINEER

Hauptman Walter Scherf of sPzAbt. 503, not SS. All black jacket, no ribbons on lapel. ------------------ "When do we get our flamethrowers, Top?"

"When do we get our flamethrowers, Top?"

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 7
- 11/24/2000 11:01:00 AM   
Randy

Gallo, thanks for that info on the Culver book. If you ever find that web site, I'd like to see it. I do a lot of modeling also, (1/87th scale stuff, mostly modern but with SPWAW I've gotten into WWII stuff). Thanks Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 8
- 11/24/2000 10:50:00 PM   
Gallo Rojo

MECH ENGINEER: Thanks you very much. RANDY: I find the web site which has the corrections about Panzer Colors! Is the one that Drake mentions above! Thanks again! ------------------ No Pasarán!!

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> sPzAbt 506 camouflage scheme and markings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI