Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

C&C and Scenario Setup

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> C&C and Scenario Setup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
C&C and Scenario Setup - 7/11/2002 3:27:40 PM   
PMCN

One of the things I noticed in playing the first 4 scenarios is that the initial setup does not take into account that a player may have command and control turned on. Units are often widely seperated (and if random malfunctions are on this can be a catastrophe) such as the PzKw IVd in "Recon to Rad...". In SPIII you got around this by cross-attaching such units to a convient HQ, this does not seem to be possible in SPWAW.

As this is not (does not appear to be) possible then it seems up to the scenario designer to excersize some control over this. Making two tank sections for example is better than a single tank plattoon split over the map. Ensuring that the trucks are not far from (and in particular can see the HQ) the infantry they are to carry or else they have their own HQ (not much can be done about this I know) would also help.

Although I doubt it will be implemented for LV I would suggest that suitability of the intial set up to command and control be checked for future MC. Asking a few playtester to use Command and Control (or all realism options) would also help ensure that things run smoothly for players using those options.
Post #: 1
- 7/14/2002 10:18:45 AM   
Major Destruction

Amen to that.

Another pet peeve is the scenario designer who buys a platoon and places one unit here, another over there and the other one in there............ah yes, that looks nice. :rolleyes:

Remember you bought a platoon, not a few tanks!

Some scenario designers pay notice to command and control. But for the most part they don't. And that is a pity.:confused:

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to PMCN)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> C&C and Scenario Setup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI