Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't Get Saved Game List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Can't Get Saved Game List Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't Get Saved Game List - 12/29/2009 1:28:56 AM   
New York Jets

Everytime I try to pull up the Saved Games option to load a save I get a 'Runtime Error'.

"There comes a time in every man's life, and I've had plenty of 'em."

- Casey Stengel -
Post #: 1
RE: Can't Get Saved Game List - 12/29/2009 11:41:39 PM   
Lebatron

Try erasing everything in the save folder. The engine will auto build the files upon reloading the game. You will of coarse have to reset your preferences and you will have lost your saved game but this should clean up a problem with a corrupted save file. If you really wish to save your save file try doing what I said but don't delete the game save. Let this stick around as the engine rebuilds its needed files. If you still get the error then sadly it seems you will have lost your saved game. And even if this does not fix things for you, try patching the game again after you have deleted everything in the save folder. Hope this helps.

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to New York Jets)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't Get Saved Game List - 1/1/2010 4:13:42 PM   
Tzar007

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lebatron

Try erasing everything in the save folder. The engine will auto build the files upon reloading the game. You will of coarse have to reset your preferences and you will have lost your saved game but this should clean up a problem with a corrupted save file. If you really wish to save your save file try doing what I said but don't delete the game save. Let this stick around as the engine rebuilds its needed files. If you still get the error then sadly it seems you will have lost your saved game. And even if this does not fix things for you, try patching the game again after you have deleted everything in the save folder. Hope this helps.

Just started playing AWD and I got the same issue when trying to go to the saved games screen. What you suggested solved the problem, but I indeed lost the saved game file. Fortunately, I was still at Summer 1939 and had done few moves so it wasn't too bad, but I don't want this to happen again. I will be saving after every season's turn in order not to lose hours and hours of a game in progress if you lose the only save file you had...

Thanks !

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Can't Get Saved Game List Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI