Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What to do with all that artillery after conquest of Hong Kong?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> What to do with all that artillery after conquest of Hong Kong? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What to do with all that artillery after conquest of Ho... - 2/23/2010 1:09:51 AM   
findmeifyoucan

I just want other Japanese players ideas on what is best to do? Do I move them up into Northern China to help out or do I transport them to let us say the Philipines to help out with taking over Manila? Or do I just flip a coin? :-))
Post #: 1
RE: What to do with all that artillery after conquest o... - 2/23/2010 1:25:34 AM   
topeverest

Not needed in Philippines. A waste of time and PP's to do that.

Andy M

(in reply to findmeifyoucan)
Post #: 2
RE: What to do with all that artillery after conquest o... - 2/23/2010 1:28:10 AM   
Mark Weston

I sent them all to Malaya for the siege of Singapore.  After that, not sure.

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 3
RE: What to do with all that artillery after conquest o... - 2/23/2010 2:34:09 AM   
findmeifyoucan

Actually these units are not restricted so no PP's needed to be expended. So Singapore rather than Manila and not moving into Northern China?

(in reply to Mark Weston)
Post #: 4
RE: What to do with all that artillery after conquest o... - 2/23/2010 2:40:00 AM   
topeverest

They can be used anywhere, of course, but is that where you want to spend you PP's?

Use them in China early to get the China Booty you want. Thereafter, you can split them up as needed. A few Btns are pretty handy in any overland fight.

Andy M

(in reply to Mark Weston)
Post #: 5
RE: What to do with all that artillery after conquest o... - 2/23/2010 2:52:09 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: findmeifyoucan

I just want other Japanese players ideas on what is best to do? Do I move them up into Northern China to help out or do I transport them to let us say the Philipines to help out with taking over Manila? Or do I just flip a coin? :-))

I transshipped all of mine over to Bataan to affect the siege there. They were helpful, particularly pre hotfix 1097, where artillery were uber against fortifications and terrain. Don't bother with China. You can use the tubes to greater effect elsewhere in the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere than the Chinese rabble.

(in reply to findmeifyoucan)
Post #: 6
RE: What to do with all that artillery after conquest o... - 2/24/2010 4:40:51 PM   
Xargun

I send mine to Malaya to help take Singapore and them up into Burma to finish off the Brits. The only other place you might need them would be Luzon and only once you have them smashed into Bataan or Manilla as their last base. Until then you don't need the extra firepower.

I like Malaya and then Burma as you only have to ship them once and you can use them twice on the offense and then on the defense to hold Burma.

Xargun

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7
RE: What to do with all that artillery after conquest o... - 2/26/2010 11:00:23 PM   
findmeifyoucan

I think I like the latter the best for strategy. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak!!! I am not sure how much more helpt the artillery will be at Bataan especially when you have all those Betty's that can blast it to pieces anyhow from Formosa!

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> What to do with all that artillery after conquest of Hong Kong? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI