Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will Bill has done it AGAIN!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Will Bill has done it AGAIN! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will Bill has done it AGAIN! - 11/18/2000 6:47:00 AM   
Don Doom

AAR, ok without giveing it away WOW!!. Now I know what it is to be steamrolled. I did have a 251 and a scout car carrying 42mg's make it to town by turn 9. Lost most of my panthers to main gun malfunctions trying to kill all the T34's and their pals. Tried a feint attack to see if I could pull some of his armor away, no such luck he ignored it. That is how I made it to town. The tank and inf. fighting was intence and very close. most of the afv's where fighting at three or less hexes. I lost bad, now i have to defend with what is left of my core forces. Help mee. Ok mr Bill where do I send the smoking remains of my proud panzer group. You have out done your self, this time I lovve it great fix Mr Bill HE HE HE Even though it is a lost I wish I could add it to my game spec's on my game profile. The lost was worth it and a learning experence. Thanks again Mr Bill. [This message has been edited by Don Doom (edited November 17, 2000).]

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining
Post #: 1
- 11/18/2000 7:22:00 AM   
Don

DD, You're right this campaign is a blast - but I must tell you that the first battle is an EASIER version of what it was. That battle was SO tough I told WB it was unplayable. I guess it was good practice, though, because last night I played this version and got a decisive victory. So even as you're watching you're tank force go up in flames, just be glad you didn't get the tough version! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 2
- 11/18/2000 11:32:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Don and Don, you are both right. Don D, don't feel too badly. This is a very tough campaign. Don L. and I have been on the road to Lyssanka more than once, believe me! Worst case situation, turn off weapon breakdowns, if it seems excessive, which it sometimes appears that it might be. But the raw challenge is with weapons and movement breakdown turned on. You will get through this, I promise you, but as in early 44, it is going to be very hard going. No more hints. I wish you good hunting. I'm glad it is proving challenging. Did you see me in your post ducking those projectiles? And yes, Don L., you were right. The first one before easing it a bit was a German commander's worst nightmare...and it ain't much better now Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 3
- 11/18/2000 4:00:00 PM   
cjpaul

Wild Bill: I have to agree, you've out done yourself this time. After playing Utah to the Rhine, I thought I was prepared for the surpises you would throw in, but this first battle was really tough. Damn, it's been a long time since I've been thoroughly beaten by the computer. It was a "draw" at the end, but Russians controlled the battlefield. If this was made easier, what was the original like? Cjpaul

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 4
- 11/18/2000 9:56:00 PM   
Tankhead

Thanks a lot Wild Bill! What a great little campaign, you da man! Maybe I should install the new version I'm still playing with the original and what a hoot. My fourth time around for this campaign, at the railroad yard at this moment. Cjpaul unless you are insane and a lunatic like me you don't want the original, my self I love it. After I am done I will try the new version. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 5
- 11/19/2000 11:04:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Ugly, very ugly, CJP! You don't want to know. And it was worse than the one you played Tankhead. Rick, as far along as you are you really should load in the new version. Those last three battles are a little different from what you played before, in fact I think every battle has been changed from the last version you have. Again, the testers did a superb job! And thanks for the kind words. I hope to have a new one for you by the first of the year. I think you'll like it too, a little different (as I hope they all are!) WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 6
- 11/20/2000 2:34:00 AM   
Don Doom

OK, I had to start over. Did not have enough troops left alive after the first battle to hold off you russian horde . Will not even tell you the final score, it only lasted six turns. So went back and after some rethinking about my core forecs. I, after the fight of my life[Gives me a more healthly respect of the German forces on the Eastern front] managed to eak out a draw with even less forces than the first time! God help me. Just wait Wild Bill I will make an [Campain] Just for you and your playtesters. HE HE Don D. I no longer move

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 7
- 11/20/2000 2:43:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Ah, Don D! You will get that victory. Believe me, it can be done. I won't say more because I don't want to spoil it. Yes I will. Remember, the Russians are ahead of you and more are coming in from north and south to reinforce the hold they have on the trapped Germans in the pocket. Knowing from whence they come should make you very wary of your flanks..Nuff said! Go get 'em Don!...Keep me posted Love that cobra! Now wouldn't an AH-1 look cool with that for side panel art? Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 8
- 11/20/2000 3:59:00 AM   
cjpaul

I redid the first battle and it went a lot better. The first score was about 13000 to my 5000, the 2nd time it was my 10000 to the Russians 7000. While the score was still close, I was in complete control of the battlefield. Also, and more importantly, my force was intact for the next battle. I was even able to upgrade some units for the next battle. Wild Bill, is the original available? It would be a good puzzle to solve.

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 9
- 11/20/2000 5:32:00 AM   
RUsco

Don Doom, Bring on the campaign. I am always looking for a good fight. (One of the testers)

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 10
- 11/20/2000 5:40:00 AM   
Tankhead

Well said RUsco! Yeah Don Doom bring it on I'm a sucker for nasty battle "Another one of the tester" Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by RUsco: Don Doom, Bring on the campaign. I am always looking for a good fight. (One of the testers)
------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 11
- 11/20/2000 5:44:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi Wild Bill! I just install the latest one and I'm starting over to play the new version "Darn this campaign is addictive" Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Rick, as far along as you are you really should load in the new version. Those last three battles are a little different from what you played before, in fact I think every battle has been changed from the last version you have. WB
------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 12
- 11/20/2000 7:26:00 AM   
Wild Bill

You know I want you to keep me posted. I love these AARs all of you write. Very fascinating. WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 13
- 11/20/2000 11:14:00 AM   
Don

AAAIIIIEEEEE!!! This is like a whole different campaign than the one I played before. Here I was, going in all confident because heck, I'd seen it before! Then in the third battle you took away the (undefended) bridge I used to sneak into the town during testing, and I had to do it the hard way. Then there's these cargo planes that Tigers can't damage running around! I'll say no more! So far: 2 decisive victories (1st and 3rd battles), one draw (2nd) and one marginal victory (4th). In the second battle I had so much damage I couldn't fix all the units - so I fixed the tanks and left the troops at the aid station. On to the next battle - can't wait to see those wounded acomin' down the road! Don [This message has been edited by Don (edited November 19, 2000).]

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 14
- 11/20/2000 12:26:00 PM   
Fredde

Had a blast playing this campaign in the weekend, my wife wasn't quite as happy since i spent quite a few hours by the computer! Core force: 1 Panther platoon 1 Tiger platoon 1 Pioneer platoon 1 Cavalry platoon 1 SS Rifle company 1 Kubelwagon platoon 1 Command Car Yes, i beat the first scenario! A marginal victory only but still. The special forces platoon of my SS rifle company arrived just in time to conveniently grab the last victory hexes on the hill. I wonder what number of kills Lt Zimmerman of my Tiger platoon will have in the end with 10 kills after the first scenario. The second scenario was a decisive victory.. so much easier when the Russians come at you instead of doing it the other way around. Lt Zimmerman up to 23 kills, and still alive and kicking! The third scenario was an entirely different business. Very very tough. I'd say one of the toughest i've played against the AI. Fanatic Guards infantry refusing to leave their positions and shooting wildly at any infantry coming at them. At a time i had two rifle platoons and one Stug platoon trying hard to rout one single guards inf squad out of its entrenched position. Lt Zimmermans Tiger was taken out of the action on the first turn by an airplane :P Luckily he survived. I got a draw, outscoring the Russians with 2000 points and holding one victory hex more than they did.. so a moral victory anyway.. Two infantry platoons completely wiped out, the cavalry and the pioneers very badly damaged. One immobilized Tiger was the only one still shooting of the whole platoon by the end of the scenario.. all crews survived though. Fourth scenario, heavily attacked by paras and partisans trying to take back the bridges again. Tigers and Russian heavy tanks slugging it out in close quarters city fighting. Cavalry troops and partisans clashing. Pioneers and Russian Sappers. The fierce and bloody house to house battle reminded me of Stalingrad, but the result was entirely different. Decisive victory again. Zimmerman close to 30 kills. Now on to the next scenario.. hopefully I will capture that hill with my brave Kampfgruppe. I am anticipating some very hard Russian resistance

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 15
- 11/20/2000 8:58:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Well, I guess I'd better get started on this next one! It will be "The Victores," a confrontation of US and Soviet forces in April 45, beginning at the Elbe River. Fredde, as good as you and others here fight your battles, I'm glad it has proved to be challenging and exciting. Don, that last battle has changed since you played it before so be aware...that is all I will say Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 16
- 11/21/2000 12:06:00 AM   
Gallo Rojo

I suffered a DRAW at the first battle ! Now I’m angry! I had lost 3 Tigers, one of them commanded by one friend of my (I use to change the commanders names after some friends). But delay battles are my specialty, so I’m optimist about defend the ground.

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Will Bill has done it AGAIN! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI