Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

napoleon in italy with vista

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Napoleon in Italy >> napoleon in italy with vista Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
napoleon in italy with vista - 12/16/2009 2:40:25 PM   
foxharvey

i buy napoleon in italy today and i've a problem with this game ... i don't have the tactical map.
in the matrix support it's say that it's a vista compatible game but it 's not ok.
i've the same probleme with demo of 'for liberty' and with a dll the tactical map is ok
(For Windows Vista users who are having problems running Gates of Troy, please download this dll. It is part of DirectX, which does not get included with Windows Vista. Unzip and place the dll in the game folder, or if this does not work, place it in the windows\sysytem32 folder)
, but with the same method with napoleon in italy the tactical map is always black ... please help

my config : Vista 32 bit home premium. Widescreen monitor (1920 x 1200),pc quad core and video gforce g260
game is 1.1 version
Post #: 1
RE: napoleon in italy with vista - 2/5/2010 3:18:12 PM   
HussarGames

Have you tried compatibility mode and disabling visual themes? (right click on icon)
If you have a dual video card you may need to disable it to run the game (this does not seem to be your case).
Also try to switch your desktop to a resolution that the game supports (1280x800, 1024x768, 1280x1024) before starting the game.

If this does not help, there is still hope because our next game will run on another graphics engine. If/when that happens we will likely upgrade our older games to the new engine. I cannot tell you any dates unfortunately, we need to get a contract for our next game and the earliest that can happen is May 2010.

Currently all of the team is working in other areas - not game development. We still exist though and our next game is in progress. We also had a release in 2008, but that was for Hungary only. We will not release that game internationally before a graphics engine update.

(in reply to foxharvey)
Post #: 2
RE: napoleon in italy with vista - 2/5/2010 4:05:35 PM   
GMeyer

Hi Hussar Games,
Gotcha, I've tried for months to get an answer to a problem that arises in NiI, which I really like and would recommend to any war gamer, but so far haven't had any luck getting a real answer from Matrix and you guys are hard to locate on the internet, at least in any interactive capacity.  Presently when the French start a PBEM game, the recipient of the file is presented with the requirement to enter a password before proceeding.  I have been given to understand by the folks at Matrix that this means the recipient, the Austrian player, is supposed to make up his own password, enter it into the file and then do his move; if correct, this is much like HPS's PBEM security system.  The problem is, it doesn't work.  In my experience, the Austria player has been unable to even open the PBEM file regardless of what he puts in as a password.
I'm pretty this feature was added by one of your patches because I played NiI last year by e-mail and never saw the password requirement arise.  Is there a way to disable the security system?  If my opponent is going to cheat, he will find a way around it anyhow but I would rather take that chance than not be able to play the game at all which is the current situation.  Thanks. (I am using XP not Vista.)

(in reply to HussarGames)
Post #: 3
RE: napoleon in italy with vista - 2/6/2010 9:46:10 PM   
1NWCG

quote:

ORIGINAL: GMeyer

Hi Hussar Games,
Gotcha, I've tried for months to get an answer to a problem that arises in NiI, which I really like and would recommend to any war gamer, but so far haven't had any luck getting a real answer from Matrix and you guys are hard to locate on the internet, at least in any interactive capacity.  Presently when the French start a PBEM game, the recipient of the file is presented with the requirement to enter a password before proceeding.  I have been given to understand by the folks at Matrix that this means the recipient, the Austrian player, is supposed to make up his own password, enter it into the file and then do his move; if correct, this is much like HPS's PBEM security system.  The problem is, it doesn't work.  In my experience, the Austria player has been unable to even open the PBEM file regardless of what he puts in as a password.
I'm pretty this feature was added by one of your patches because I played NiI last year by e-mail and never saw the password requirement arise.  Is there a way to disable the security system?  If my opponent is going to cheat, he will find a way around it anyhow but I would rather take that chance than not be able to play the game at all which is the current situation.  Thanks. (I am using XP not Vista.)

I too am looking for an answer to this issue....

Wargame Clubs - http://www.wargame.ch

The Blitz - http://www.theblitz.org/

Two of the Internet's Oldest Wargaming Collectives

(in reply to GMeyer)
Post #: 4
RE: napoleon in italy with vista - 3/16/2010 5:21:40 PM   
HussarGames

We always had the password for PBEM.

1. You start a PBEM game.
2. Game asks for initial password (this will be your password)
3. Send savefile to opponent.
4. When it loads, game asks for initial password (password will be set to this for player 2).
5. At end turn game saves.
6. Send to player 1.
7. When player 1 loads, the game asks for password. The same should be entered as in step 2.

If this does not work like this, send me the game after step 2.
info1848@yahoo.com

(in reply to 1NWCG)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Napoleon in Italy >> napoleon in italy with vista Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI