Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor Crashing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Editor Crashing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor Crashing - 4/2/2010 3:27:53 PM   
hadrian_kamenov

It seems I can place anything in the editor, but if i want to delete something.. it spells the end of exisitance as it crashes and turns multiple screens into giant white squares with red Xs
Post #: 1
RE: Editor Crashing - 4/3/2010 9:54:39 AM   
elliotg

Are you getting any specific error messages when this happens?

(in reply to hadrian_kamenov)
Post #: 2
RE: Editor Crashing - 4/3/2010 11:38:01 AM   
BigWolfChris

I've had this a couple of times myself, but not crashed, just turn the bottom right box into a red X The only way to get rid of it was to close the game and start it back up

Did throw up an error, but didn't write it down, if it happens again, I'll post what it says

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 3
RE: Editor Crashing - 4/5/2010 5:25:11 AM   
BigWolfChris

I'd just like too add I'm currently player a game where I've not even opened the editor and I'm now nearly 7 years in without a single crash, which is the longer I've gone since before using the editor

I do have a save game that has happened to have been save 30 seconds before this crash, but it throws zero errors, it just crashes Would you still like to upload the savegame?

MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to BigWolfChris)
Post #: 4
RE: Editor Crashing - 4/5/2010 3:02:35 PM   
BigWolfChris

As requested by Erik

Upon loading the savegame, it will crash in less than a minute I have tested playing without touching the editor and have easily gone 10 years without a single crash The moment I use the editor, it's simply a matter of time Can't say I notice any form of time scale

The link to the savegame is http://chrisnewton.net/downloads/distantworlds/editor-latercrash.zip

On a sidenote, is there a reason configurations, screenshots and savegames are being stored inside appData rather than either within the Games Own directory or the users documents folder? This would cause some issues to people not familiar with Windows Structure when wanting to look at screenshots or finding savegames created by DW I realize Visual Studio is probably being used to create the game and I believe it defaults to that, but would Elliot consider changing this?

Shouldn't be too hard, as long as a redundancy is coded in too transfer needed files to any new location (probably should be documents to get around Vista/7 security protection)

MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to BigWolfChris)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Editor Crashing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI