Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Whre can I leave some correction/improvement suggestions for SPWAW?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Whre can I leave some correction/improvement suggestions for SPWAW? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Whre can I leave some correction/improvement suggestion... - 7/30/2002 3:50:32 PM   

I was just wondering where can I leave suggestions/corrections to the SPWAW? I notice (sometimes), while playing the game, some typos, factual mistakes and some illogical game "features".
Should I contact for example the scenario maker directly or... (for example the scenario #99 "St Aignan-de-Cramesnil" contains a date 8 August 1918 should be 8 August 1944 instead).

Post #: 1
- 7/30/2002 5:54:25 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

This might not be the comment you were looking to get Ville, but as we speak the effort is being made to produce the new original and superior game called Combat Leader. The successor to Steel Panthers (whatever version style mode of Steel Panthers).

It isn't Advanced Steel Panthers or an extrapolation of the game, it is where turn based wargaming is headed with all the learning that has been gained from tweaking Steel Panthers though.

Adjusting, modifying, editing, improving, altering Steel Panthers past 7.1 is likely something you will have to look for outside of Matrix. 7.1 was it, so to speak, don't expect them to put much effort out in a version 7.2.

Over at Wargamer for instance there is a crowd that are working on SPMBT. A modern style of Steel Panthers. But it isn't based on the same game that we know as SPWaW 7.1 (which is derived from the old SP3 design).

Opinions of corrections of a cosmetic nature are not specifically "unwelcome" per se, but Matrix is finished with fussing over a "free" game I do believe. The future for those that enjoy playing Steel Panthers is now with Combat Leader.

If you wish "more" in your game, you will have to stand over in that line (pointing to the Combat Leader forum), and line up to "purchase" (yes it won't be "free") Combat Leader.

These comments being mine are hardly "official", but I can see them being as close to the truth of the matter as you will llikely get.

If you do see a "technical flaw" don't hesitate to mention it in the SPWaW forum, but you will likely need to point it out with an eye to it being more a "FYI" comment than a remark that will garnish any manner of conclusive response. SPWaW is now "finished".

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Ville)
Post #: 2
Welcome! - 7/31/2002 4:29:14 PM   
slehtine

The forum would be "Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns".

As Les the Sarge said, SPWAW will not be developed any further. And probably things you'd like to mention have been discussed many times over. Believe me, I lurk here lot. ;)

But there areas where your comments would be very welcome. If you have spare time and interest, writing after action reports of new scenarios and commenting them would greatly please designers. Anyone can use editor, but making scenario interesting and playable is fine art.

Wild Bill has written of testing scenarios. IIRC, article is in "Hall of Fame" -forum. (And reading other after action reports is helpful too, but I guess you knew that already.)

Anyway, welcome,
Sasa

(in reply to Ville)
Post #: 3
Reading too fast... - 7/31/2002 4:36:21 PM   
slehtine

[QUOTE]Should I contact for example the scenario maker directly or... (for example the scenario #99 "St Aignan-de-Cramesnil" contains a date 8 August 1918 should be 8 August 1944 instead).[/QUOTE]

Not the older ones, designers might not be around anymore, and updating those with downloadable version is a drag. But any new scenario you find from net. Either directly or in forum.

That is my advice ;)

If you have time, toy around editor too, to get idea how scenarios are made.

-Sasa

(in reply to Ville)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Whre can I leave some correction/improvement suggestions for SPWAW? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI