Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Exploration Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Exploration Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exploration Questions - 4/14/2010 11:26:41 PM   
sw30

Is there a way to mark items to investigate? (and if there isn't, could we get that added as a feature?)

My problem is this. With abandoned stations, you can send anything over, on a "move" to command. Sometimes, it works on an "attack" command, other times the "explore" command is available. On the other hand, with abandoned ships, "move" often does not work, attack commands don't work, and there is no "explore" command for ships.

I've got an exploration ship trying to get a ship in one of the storyline areas, and it's just not working. I've got another random abandoned ship in the middle of a system that I can't activate. What do I have to do to activate them?
Post #: 1
RE: Exploration Questions - 4/15/2010 12:59:27 AM   
TFA_Falcon

There are two kinds of abandoned ships/bases.

The first kind is an abandoned unit that can be investigated by just moving close to it.

The second is a damaged unit that needs to be repaired by a construction ship. You can tell them apart by the kind of icon you get if you target them while having an armed ship selected. If you get crosshairs it means that the unit is damaged and you need a constructor.

(in reply to sw30)
Post #: 2
RE: Exploration Questions - 4/15/2010 4:47:39 AM   
sw30

Ok, that did it, but it seems that the automated constructors ignore them?  I've had these ships within my sphere of influence for a long time now, and no constructor has deigned to go there. I had to micromanage a constructor to do this.

Speaking of micromanaging constructors, they:
1) build too many research stations in the wrong places, even when the potential is maxed out
2) never seem to build resorts
3) commit suicide in black holes and enemy planets every once in a while.

(in reply to TFA_Falcon)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Exploration Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI