Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

On Resupply Ships.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> On Resupply Ships. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
On Resupply Ships. - 5/4/2010 8:38:55 AM   
Bloodly

With the changes to size requirements and whatnot, the sizing of the Resupply Ship should be looked at. Even the default AI design cannot be built(The base size is 745), and both building and maintenence costs are ridiculously huge. And this will only get worse as tech moves on(And becomes more expensive) rather than better.

Consider that even a well armed and shielded base will cost around 5000. Why is the Resupply ship costing 200,000-300,000?
Post #: 1
RE: On Resupply Ships. - 5/4/2010 9:41:48 AM   
Sliverine

A resupply ship is more or less simply a movable self-refueling base. Given that it is about as well defended and shielded (at least originally) as a small base, can move around AND can refuel itself and any needy ships, its pretty much a cornerstone of any fleet and therefore, pretty much justifies the cost. You can always resort to making a network of gas mining stations with loads of docking bays at strategic intervals as an alternative to the resupply ship but that will still not be as convenient as one resupply ship and not to mention, you have to fly your constructors all over the shop to make said stations which will take time.

You are paying alot for one resupply ship but the associated benefits such as time, convenience, mobility and mouseclicks that you manage to save or that come with it are well worth the cost.

(in reply to Bloodly)
Post #: 2
RE: On Resupply Ships. - 5/4/2010 9:47:49 AM   
taltamir

i just prefer to research higher tech level reactors and fuel storage... then fuel becomes mostly a non issue... something you get once in a while.

< Message edited by taltamir -- 5/4/2010 9:48:13 AM >

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

(in reply to Sliverine)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> On Resupply Ships. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI