Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

To Bing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> To Bing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
To Bing - 7/31/2002 4:11:35 PM   
mau

Where is your "o"? ah ah ah

if you ve lose interest,play with me,i'm a russian leader,,,;)
Post #: 1
- 7/31/2002 9:41:47 PM   
Bing

I am not certain what you mean by where is the "o"? Bing is an amalgamation of Byron and Inglesh, my first and last names. Created at the suggestion of my very first ISP manager, who thought it would be a good Internet handle. Bing (Crosby) was also the name of one of the most famous popular singers of all time. Has nothing to do with old ladies in church basements.

Why should a scenario played with anyone be different? It isn't the player that makes it ridiculous, its the game engine. Can you make the game show me my mortar fire missions when my current opponent can't?

I am not complaining about a player - I am complaining about how the game engine has been pushed and pulled in so many directions it is no longer reasonable.

If you can fix this, please let us know how. I would love a PBEM game that is even halfway decent in the arty department. I would love a game that is reasonable in the search dept without having to raise it to 250%. I would love a game where German equipment did not kill everyone and everything without fail - at ranges that are ludicrous. I would love a game where no matter what I do the Soviet ratings are 25% to 50% lower than my opponent. (Disable the Historic and Characeristics features and the result is a Frankenstein monster - there is no reasonable average involved.)

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to mau)
Post #: 2
- 7/31/2002 10:29:55 PM   
Supervisor

I can vouch for Bing's complaints about PBEM as he and I have been going at it for some time now in PBEM's. One of our biggest complaints is the control of atrillery either onboard or offboard, the biggest issue is the inability to view artillery strikes for player 2 either during the his own turn or during the replay of the opponenets turn even though his opponenet is seeing the artillery he can't on replays for some reason. No matter what we do as far as modifiying FO's or experience etc's can we get it to work properly. It's very hard to rely on your artillery if you can't see what kind of damage it is doing and or be able to shift it properly to get the most bang for the buck.

(in reply to mau)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> To Bing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI