Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changed resource needs after loading game.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Changed resource needs after loading game. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changed resource needs after loading game. - 6/30/2010 2:49:42 PM   
Yskonyn

I am playing the 1.0.5.7 version of the game and I am playing a game as the Teekans. I played this morning already and decided to save and play later because I couldn't figure out how to build construction ships (which is sorted now, thanks!).
But now that I load the game again and I check the expansion planner I notice that most luxury resources have been changed. My demand for them is vastly different then it was when I stopped playing this morning! (I know cause I am making an AAR to see if that's something I enjoy and therefore I have screenshots)

Is this normal and as intended? Does this mean that you run the risk of having built mining stations at inefficient places next time you load up your savegame or do those resource remain where they are once you have a mining station extracting them?
Post #: 1
RE: Changed resource needs after loading game. - 6/30/2010 4:08:12 PM   
WoodMan

I think the screens in-game can get a little out of date, like 5 mins behind what is actually going on.  But when you save and shutdown and load up again they catch up.  It's nothing to worry about, you need really as many luxury resources as possible anyway.

(in reply to Yskonyn)
Post #: 2
RE: Changed resource needs after loading game. - 6/30/2010 8:54:09 PM   
Yskonyn

Well it's not the menu that I was talking about. At least not in itself.
The actual resources listed available on the different planets were actually different upon loading the game.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 3
RE: Changed resource needs after loading game. - 6/30/2010 9:02:21 PM   
WoodMan

Um... I don't think that should happen, lol.

(in reply to Yskonyn)
Post #: 4
RE: Changed resource needs after loading game. - 6/30/2010 9:14:48 PM   
Yskonyn

No me neither!
Should I post this somewhere else?

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 5
RE: Changed resource needs after loading game. - 6/30/2010 9:17:08 PM   
WoodMan

In the tech support forum, quote what patch your using in post title and they will probably need you to upload your save game.

(in reply to Yskonyn)
Post #: 6
RE: Changed resource needs after loading game. - 7/1/2010 4:12:36 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yskonyn

I am playing the 1.0.5.7 version of the game and I am playing a game as the Teekans. I played this morning already and decided to save and play later because I couldn't figure out how to build construction ships (which is sorted now, thanks!).
But now that I load the game again and I check the expansion planner I notice that most luxury resources have been changed. My demand for them is vastly different then it was when I stopped playing this morning! (I know cause I am making an AAR to see if that's something I enjoy and therefore I have screenshots)

Is this normal and as intended? Does this mean that you run the risk of having built mining stations at inefficient places next time you load up your savegame or do those resource remain where they are once you have a mining station extracting them?

Hi Yskonyn

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. Do you have a savegame demonstrating this problem, along with a specific planet where you think the resources have changed (describe before and after resources pls)?

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to Yskonyn)
Post #: 7
RE: Changed resource needs after loading game. - 7/1/2010 9:54:04 AM   
Yskonyn

Yes I do. I have a screenshot of the situation before which you can check against loading up the savegame.
It's rather big (both packed come to 6.5MB) so how should I get those file to you?

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 8
RE: Changed resource needs after loading game. - 7/1/2010 10:51:20 AM   
Webbco

Check the sticky at the top of the tech support forum, instructions are there on how to upload a savegame.

(in reply to Yskonyn)
Post #: 9
RE: Changed resource needs after loading game. - 7/1/2010 10:51:26 AM   
sbach2o

Instruction on how to submit save games can be found here: Where to Upload Save Files

(in reply to Yskonyn)
Post #: 10
RE: Changed resource needs after loading game. - 7/3/2010 1:41:45 PM   
Yskonyn

Well it took some time, but the savegame archive is uploaded now!
It contains both my DxDiag files (32 and 64-bit logs), a screenshot of how the resources were before the load and the savegame itself.
If I load my savegame the planets shows on the screenshot have different resources every time.
The filename is "Yskonyn - Resources (...).rar".

As you have stated you are unable to reproduce the 'bug' it might be that there's something wrong with my install, I'd love to receive some feedback on this when you had a chance to look at my savegame.

(in reply to sbach2o)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Changed resource needs after loading game. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI