Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

difficulty

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> The War Room >> difficulty Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
difficulty - 12/18/2009 6:13:39 PM   
antigonos2

I used to play CC Normandy some years ago. Unfortunately I lost the game but now I am thinking about getting The longest day.
I remember that CC Normandy was great fun but too easy to play (with Germans and allies) and I never really struggled to beat the AI.
Did this somehow change? Is it also possible to play the Germans side now? Or is the Allied side still the only (albeit small) challenge?

cheers,

antigonos
Post #: 1
RE: difficulty - 12/18/2009 9:21:44 PM   
tgierut

They did improve the AI but I always felt that the best play is online against a human opponent. They are porting mods over to this version, so you will have allot of choices for gameplay....Great game to pick up.

Cheers.

(in reply to antigonos2)
Post #: 2
RE: difficulty - 8/1/2010 12:36:48 PM   
tigercub

If you like wargames and like to think...its one of the best games ever made been playing it 14 years now...off and on and still holds my interest...i dont play the AI.

Tigercub!

< Message edited by tigercub -- 8/1/2010 12:37:25 PM >

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to tgierut)
Post #: 3
RE: difficulty - 8/1/2010 5:51:57 PM   
Peterk1

I don't know if the original poster is still around, but yes you can get a good game against the AI. You will almost certainly win, but it will give you some/lot of fun fights. The grand campaign is a thing of beauty.

The big appeal of playing the AI, is that you'll be able to play the Grand Campaign in a reasonable amount of time. I've been shying away from head-to-head because I really do want to play campaigns and I not too confident that they are completable. Plus the German is a bit of a punching bag on a lot of maps early on. Must be a tough personal morale check to pass.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 4
RE: difficulty - 9/5/2010 9:33:37 AM   
duncan007

About AI difficulty, i read in the manual that green level of a side means more troops with more experience.
Does it mean if i want a german ai player strong i have to put the german slide on green ?

Thanks for your help.

(in reply to antigonos2)
Post #: 5
RE: difficulty - 9/5/2010 10:17:47 AM   
Andrew Williams

Yes

Hardest game will be AI on Green - Human on Elite

(in reply to duncan007)
Post #: 6
RE: difficulty - 9/5/2010 10:51:34 AM   
duncan007

Thanks.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> The War Room >> difficulty Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI