Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Passing It On

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Passing It On Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Passing It On - 7/17/2010 6:16:14 AM   
KG Erwin

Well, I got my 13-year-old daughter interested in wargames now. Tonight we loaded Age of Empires III onto her laptop, and she's now teaching herself the ins and outs of building armies and acquiring resources. I just checked on her, and she's intently studying the screen. Yeah, daddy did good -- I hope. Hell, I'd rather from her to be doing this than constantly watching mindless TV.
Post #: 1
RE: Passing It On - 7/17/2010 6:50:55 AM   
jomni

Great how get her to open an account in the Matrix forums.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Passing It On - 7/17/2010 7:11:24 AM   
ilovestrategy

I tried. I really did try. And utterly failed.

"Dad. I'm gonna play your Saint Rows 2"

"Dad. Where is your Grand Theft Auto 4?"

"Dad. I want to play Left for Dead 2"

"Dad, did you see me frag that guy in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2?"

She's totally a shooter.

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 3
RE: Passing It On - 7/17/2010 8:02:57 AM   
diablo1

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Well, I got my 13-year-old daughter interested in wargames now. Tonight we loaded Age of Empires III onto her laptop, and she's now teaching herself the ins and outs of building armies and acquiring resources. I just checked on her, and she's intently studying the screen. Yeah, daddy did good -- I hope. Hell, I'd rather from her to be doing this than constantly watching mindless TV.

How did you ever get her off the cell phone?

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
RE: Passing It On - 7/17/2010 9:55:40 AM   
Hard Sarge

I remember when mine was just a youngen, she would sit to the side of me while I flew some of my flight sims (online, offline)

she would point out targets on the screen for me, daddy, 11 oclock high, you got a bad guy coming

I see him

daddy, he diving

I see him

DADDY

do my fancy, duck out of the way, get on his tail, and shoot him down

Sweet !!!

after a bit, she noticed that "they" never shot me down, so she would grab a extra stick, and pretend she was flying the other plane, to help them out !

not bad for a 4 year old

when she started school, she ended up being the computer teachers helper, then she was the only one, allowed to go to the computer room instead of going outside for recess if she wanted (she tends to take over where ever she goes !)

going on 22 now, good kid

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 5
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 12:21:22 AM   
Doggie

You'll be so proud when she gets her first tat and brings home a biker boyfriend.

Just another couple of years before you're sitting on the porch with a shotgun when the latest boyfriend shows up.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 6
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 1:11:25 AM   
bairdlander2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doggie

You'll be so proud when she gets her first tat and brings home a biker boyfriend.

Just another couple of years before you're sitting on the porch with a shotgun when the latest boyfriend shows up.

Thats a pretty rude thing to say about someone's child,even if you are trying to be funny.I highly doubt you have children or a wife otherwise you would realize not to say rude things about people's famillies.

< Message edited by bairdlander -- 7/18/2010 1:13:32 AM >

(in reply to Doggie)
Post #: 7
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 2:47:12 AM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

Wow dude. Just wow. I cannot believe what you just wrote. I bet you wouldn't go up to one of the dads in this forum and say that in person.

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to Doggie)
Post #: 8
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 5:41:03 AM   
parusski

I don't think I've ever gotten into a "WEIRD" argument on Matrix, not in over 10 years. BUT ilovestrategy and bairdlander you two should take a cold shower. I have two daughters, 21 and 17. I do a slow burn anytime anything even resembling a male looks at them. But Doggies remark made me laugh, really laugh. My daughters tease me about bringing home men with tats, bikes or even homeless men. IT WAS A JOKE. GOD GOOD. Relax.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 9
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 10:30:24 AM   
Plodder

quote:

LOL, my daughter's only 7 months old and I'm already prepping knives and checking out cheap shotguns for sale...

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

(in reply to Doggie)
Post #: 10
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 11:31:30 AM   
Dennistoun

quote:

I'm quite happy to say this...
but I also found this amusing and harmless.

(in reply to Doggie)
Post #: 11
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 3:30:38 PM   
Doggie

bairdlander and ilovestrategy, get bent. You know where you can stuff your feigned outrage.

As for those of you with daughters, you know it's a dangerous world out there. You got your drugs, diseases, poor roll models, texting and driving, and all the other things that keep parents lying awake at night.

But the elephant in the room is Canadians. There's more than twenty million of them and one of them may be stalking your daughter. Think of the shame your family will have to endure should your innocent teen aged daughter take up with a Canadian. The quilted parkas; the goofy hats with ear flaps; the ridiculous accent. A real nightmare, eh? And it can happen to you.

Your neighbors will shun you. You could be excommunicated. You will have to add a bar sinister to your family crest, and your grandchildren could grow up to half Canadian. Yes, there are fates worse than death.

Educate your loved ones. Make them watch Celene Dione while you taze them. No method is too extreme. Constant vigilence is the only defense aqainst the Canandian menace.

(in reply to Dennistoun)
Post #: 12
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 4:06:36 PM   
Doggie

and just so you know, I'm great with kids. They are so open minded. When you tell them something logical, like the dust bunnies under the bed are furballls from monsters, they believe it. They mind well when you tell them about their older brother, who aint around anymore after mommy and daddy sold him to the Arabs because he was a pain in the ass.

It's great how everything stops when you're holding court with the kiddies and all the mommies hear you say "Can you say 'Beelzebub'?" and how mommy is just a dumb ol' girl who don't want you to look kewl with an eyepatch after you shoot your eye out with a BB gun.

For some reason, i don't get asked to babysit much.

(in reply to Doggie)
Post #: 13
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 5:33:57 PM   
mdiehl

Ima teach my sons to only date Canadian chicks so that they can dump them over the border when things go south. I've always said 'every red blooded American guy should date a Canadian girl and none should marry one.'

Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?

(in reply to Doggie)
Post #: 14
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 6:27:14 PM   
NefariousKoel

Pump Doggie full of pills and you get comedy hour.

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 15
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 8:57:22 PM   
parusski

quote:

bairdlander and ilovestrategy, get bent. You know where you can stuff your feigned outrage.

As for those of you with daughters, you know it's a dangerous world out there. You got your drugs, diseases, poor roll models, texting and driving, and all the other things that keep parents lying awake at night.

But the elephant in the room is Canadians. There's more than twenty million of them and one of them may be stalking your daughter. Think of the shame your family will have to endure should your innocent teen aged daughter take up with a Canadian. The quilted parkas; the goofy hats with ear flaps; the ridiculous accent. A real nightmare, eh? And it can happen to you.

Your neighbors will shun you. You could be excommunicated. You will have to add a bar sinister to your family crest, and your grandchildren could grow up to half Canadian. Yes, there are fates worse than death.

Educate your loved ones. Make them watch Celene Dione while you taze them. No method is too extreme. Constant vigilence is the only defense aqainst the Canandian menace.

Doggie, I can't believe this post. I defended you because you made a funny joke about the biker boyfriend. But this post shows you for what you really are-WISE. I am not paranoid about many things, but those weird Canadians are frightening. And did I say weird. I would prefer my daughter date a biker twice her age than even be friends with those people north of the border.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Doggie)
Post #: 16
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 9:27:59 PM   
Cap Mandrake

These Gen Y'ers just don't think the same. I am warning you guys. My own son got a tat over his shoulder blade after he turned 18. At least he looks good at a job inteview and has a great job. My 18 yr old daughter brought home this guy with spiked hair and an anti-capitalist screed on his MySpace page.

She protested, "But Dad, I LOVE him!"

Madre de Dios!

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 17
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 11:11:05 PM   
Arctic Blast

As a Canadian, I'd like to mention that we'd really love it if you tazed Celine Dion. Why do you think we sent her to you people? We were tired of listening to her and figured you folks would do the right thing and deal with the problem.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 18
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 11:32:06 PM   
bairdlander2

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/American_(species)

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 19
RE: Passing It On - 7/18/2010 11:35:05 PM   
Goblin

quote:

ORIGINAL: teddy

quote:

I'm quite happy to say this...
but I also found this amusing and harmless.

Another dad of two girls (to be three girls in September!) who found this entertaining.

Goblin

(in reply to Dennistoun)
Post #: 20
RE: Passing It On - 7/19/2010 12:48:04 AM   
axisandallies

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

quote:

Thats a pretty rude thing to say about someone's child,even if you are trying to be funny.I highly doubt you have children or a wife otherwise you would realize not to say rude things about people's famillies.

look at his avatar....Is not that the insult dog?

Stupid rebellion, anyhow....D. Vader

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 21
RE: Passing It On - 7/19/2010 12:55:56 AM   
axisandallies

quote:

Now I recognize you....you're the All State commerical guy!! Mayhem is coming right? disclaimer: this is a joke.

Stupid rebellion, anyhow....D. Vader

(in reply to Doggie)
Post #: 22
RE: Passing It On - 7/19/2010 4:24:31 AM   
NefariousKoel

Yes, and my main point was that some Steam user could possibly lose all his games if someone hacks his account and changes the password & whatever else they feel like.

It'd be like somebody stealing all your games.

(in reply to axisandallies)
Post #: 23
RE: Passing It On - 7/19/2010 4:42:44 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel

Yes, and my main point was that some Steam user could possibly lose all his games if someone hacks his account and changes the password & whatever else they feel like.

You must be replying to the Steam thread. This happens when you have too many windows open before logging in.

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 24
RE: Passing It On - 7/19/2010 7:57:42 PM   
NefariousKoel

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel

You must be replying to the Steam thread. This happens when you have too many windows open before logging in.

Agghhh!!!

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 25
RE: Passing It On - 7/20/2010 2:53:35 AM   
Raverdave

I would have though that dating a Canadian would raise not just the general IQ level of the US, but also be good for the gene pool, but hey what would I know sitting here on top of the world in Oz?

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 26
RE: Passing It On - 7/20/2010 6:00:21 PM   
Doggie

Don't get me started on convicts who aint even at the top of the food chain. If every critter on your continent will sting you, constrict you, drown you, or eat you, then you aint at the top of your game.

I know I aint got to worry about being tagged by a billybong when I out in the yard to mark my terrritory.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 27
RE: Passing It On - 7/21/2010 7:22:32 AM   
wodin

A tat is tattoo....I think there must have been a lost in translation moment...as what he said wasn't offensive at all.

(in reply to Doggie)
Post #: 28
RE: Passing It On - 7/21/2010 10:02:18 AM   
comte

quote:

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

-Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

(in reply to Doggie)
Post #: 29
RE: Passing It On - 7/21/2010 9:22:35 PM   
Yogi the Great

I thought all the Candians were buying property in Florida - hence the term Florandians

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Passing It On Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI